showing off

Old August 8th 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Default showing off

Hey all!

Well, Nicole managed to get me hooked on glass (thanks Nicole :-P). She's an
evil enabler I tell you. I've been at the torch for about 3 weeks now; some
sessions are better than others. I'm still getting the hang of this stuff
which is very different than my forte, polymer clay.

Anyways, I thought I'd show off my latest "better beads".
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/dscf2068.jpg

I'm working on dots right now and I think I'm getting better. Squiggles and
lines have yet to be conquered. ;-) I have to keep reminding myself that I
didn't aquire all my polyclay knowledge in a day, or even a year (and I'm
still learning) so I shouldn't expect it from myself with glass.

--
Valerie

Old August 8th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Valerie wrote:

Hey all!

Well, Nicole managed to get me hooked on glass (thanks Nicole :-P). She's an
evil enabler I tell you. I've been at the torch for about 3 weeks now; some
sessions are better than others. I'm still getting the hang of this stuff
which is very different than my forte, polymer clay.

Anyways, I thought I'd show off my latest "better beads".
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/dscf2068.jpg

Well you definitely have an affinity with glass, those are some good
dots. It's like everything, as you say, it's not learned in a day but
you have a good grounding.

I've seen beads by more experienced beadmakers with less technique.

-Su

Old August 8th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Thanks Su! I surprised myself when I first gave it a try. I was scared of
the thought of working with fire and very intimidated, but once I started,
boy howdy, I didn't want to stop! :-D In a way I feel like I did when I
discovered polyclay; I was a sponge and wanted to try EVERYTHING.
Unfortunately you have to master basics before you can do the really cool
stuff and the same applies to glass.

--
Valerie
"Su" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old August 8th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Thanks Sooz! It's highly addictive... ;-)

--
Valerie
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Holy &*^@$&! CRAP. You're FAST. Those are astonishing, V.

`````````````````````````

Old August 8th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Yeah.....I've heard that.........But MAN!! Yours are *spooky* they're
so fine.

``````````````````````````````

Old August 9th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Valerie wrote:
Hey all!

Well, Nicole managed to get me hooked on glass (thanks Nicole :-P). She's an
evil enabler I tell you. I've been at the torch for about 3 weeks now; some
sessions are better than others. I'm still getting the hang of this stuff
which is very different than my forte, polymer clay.

Anyways, I thought I'd show off my latest "better beads".
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/dscf2068.jpg

I'm working on dots right now and I think I'm getting better. Squiggles and
lines have yet to be conquered. ;-) I have to keep reminding myself that I
didn't aquire all my polyclay knowledge in a day, or even a year (and I'm
still learning) so I shouldn't expect it from myself with glass.

3 WEEKS???? Those are fantastic for 3 weeks! I think you may just have a
future in lampworking, Valerie.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old August 9th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Like YEAH!!!!!! *MAN!*

`````````````````````````````````

Old August 9th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

I hope so! It's something that I could seriously get into. I just need to
find a space of my own instead of going over a family members house (I rent
and I'd have to show some skin to convince my LL to let me do it here -
gross). ;-)

--
Valerie
"Kalera" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 9th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Annie Bauer

Valerie, those are teriffic! You are definately showing an affinity for
gl;ass, but you are so artistic I am not really surprised.

--
Annie
acbauer@sbcglobal

posts not showing up. Stella Fenley Yarn 17 September 26th 04 04:41 AM
Showing off new necklace Susan B. Beads 12 September 15th 04 03:28 AM
Showing Off - Bridal Bracelet Margie Beads 83 July 20th 04 07:00 PM
My returns aren't showing up Cher Yarn 8 June 5th 04 12:17 AM
Test my posts are not showing...ignore Tina Hoak Quilting 6 January 19th 04 03:15 AM