AD Jewelry & Enamelling vintage manual 1947

Old May 12th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default AD Jewelry & Enamelling vintage manual 1947

Jewelry & Enamelling by Greta Pack 1947 Original owners
inscriptions,scuff to edge of spine ,but otherwise a nice clean & solid
copy.377 pages.
This appears to be a proper trade manual as opposed to a hobbyists
book.It is hugely comprehensive,and goes through every task of the
jewellers craft in great detail.Packed with pictures,plans
illustrations and straightforward instruction.

Some headings:- Central figures/Wirework /Mounting plate /Annealing
/Pickling /Piercing /Soldering with soft/hard solder /Metal casting in
cuttle bone /Chasing /Repouse /Stone setting /Enamelling /Carving
/Wireworking /Dopms,balls & stamped forms etc etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old May 13th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

"JaneyP" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jewelry & Enamelling by Greta Pack 1947 Original owners
inscriptions,scuff to edge of spine ,but otherwise a nice clean & solid
copy.377 pages.
This appears to be a proper trade manual as opposed to a hobbyists
book.It is hugely comprehensive,and goes through every task of the
jewellers craft in great detail.Packed with pictures,plans
illustrations and straightforward instruction.

Some headings:- Central figures/Wirework /Mounting plate /Annealing
/Pickling /Piercing /Soldering with soft/hard solder /Metal casting in
cuttle bone /Chasing /Repouse /Stone setting /Enamelling /Carving
/Wireworking /Dopms,balls & stamped forms etc etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

The following is just my humble opinion and all but... that's a pretty hefty
asking price for a book that's 60 years outdated. Now I realize some folks
collect all books in their particular field no matter their age or
usefulness but if you go to
http://www.fetchbook.info/search_gre...By_Author.html you will
see that Greta Pack reprints are selling for a few dollars each although
this particular one isn't listed. If there is a special reason why this
book is more precious than any other (either current or old) you might want
to put that in the ad as a selling point.

Oh, yes, and you spelled enameling wrong in your title. That screws up
people who might search on that word.

Old May 13th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

In my English dictionary we do spell enamelling with double l here in UK
Like we spell jewellery with a double l
The seller probably spelled it how she thought it should be.
From looking at the cover it probably is an American book.
Shirley

In message , Fragile Warrior
writes

"JaneyP" wrote in message
roups.com...
Jewelry & Enamelling by Greta Pack 1947 Original owners
inscriptions,scuff to edge of spine ,but otherwise a nice clean & solid
copy.377 pages.
This appears to be a proper trade manual as opposed to a hobbyists
book.It is hugely comprehensive,and goes through every task of the
jewellers craft in great detail.Packed with pictures,plans
illustrations and straightforward instruction.

Some headings:- Central figures/Wirework /Mounting plate /Annealing
/Pickling /Piercing /Soldering with soft/hard solder /Metal casting in
cuttle bone /Chasing /Repouse /Stone setting /Enamelling /Carving
/Wireworking /Dopms,balls & stamped forms etc etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...525783&rd=1&ss
pagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old May 13th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
In my English dictionary we do spell enamelling with double l here in UK
Like we spell jewellery with a double l
The seller probably spelled it how she thought it should be.
From looking at the cover it probably is an American book.
Shirley

Whatever the spelling may be in various countries, if you don't spell the
title of the book the same way it is spelled on the book, then people
searching for that title won't find it and it won't show up in book-listing
search engines either. I was speaking purely as a book seller/buyer, not as
a spelling teacher.