Sunday morning in GMT-6

Old March 26th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Sunday morning in GMT-6

I've been out of bed for about an hour, have my first coffee next to
my keyboard as I type.

My boys have been out of town since Friday afternoon and will be home
later today. I need to mow the front lawn and do enough housework to
make it look as if I didn't sit on my butt all weekend, which is
really what I did I finished the second of a pair of socks and
started a two-strand scarf (I know, how trendy, but this is mohair not
nasty nylon eyelash, so it isn't *as* trendy).

I believe The Buttons have finally made their appearance for my next
handspun sweater, so I need to get back now to the spinning. That'll
be an endless sweater as I'm spinning a very fine single which as a
3-ply knits up at 28spi. As I have every intention of doing all the
spinning before I commence knitting I think it will probably be fall
again here before I get the knitting finished.

The kitten (13 weeks) seems to have decided his hobby is chewing
through yarn, a problem I've not had with the other six cats. I put
down the scarf for a bit yesterday, came back and found the smooth
strand gnawed through in two places between the work and the ball. I
guess I need to get in the habit of keeping my yarn and projects in a
cat-proof container. Gnawed yarn is just a pesky problem but I don't
need a cat with a straight-line intestinal obstruction (ie, a length
of yarn) that requires a surgical intervention.

Ok, coffee is finished, time to aggrevate the neighbors and get after
the lawn.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old March 26th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Wooly" wrote in message
[...]

Don't forget to hide the empty box, too, grin!
My Sunday is b-o-r-i-n-g.... after all the excitement of yesterday, DH and
I are just veggie-ing out, although he DID vacuum for me this AM, and I DID
cut his hair moments ago.
We had a GREAT day yesterday, spent it with Christy and Terri, over in
Hendersonville for a softball tourney... which Christy's team won ALL their
games. . . . between tourney's we all went over to Opry Mills (mall) and
managed to not spend money (that's always a good thing, yes?)
BTW, Terri LOVED her green socks, and is wearing them today at HER softball
tourney's back in Atlanta!
Wooly, shame on you for turning me to that Louet site, I'm drooling over
sock yarn, dammit!
Noreen
going to take a shower now and catch up on correspondence.
(oh! I got up at 6:32 CST -6GMT)

Old March 26th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Wooly" wrote in message

I need to mow the front lawn

Oh pooooh........ I'd love to be mowing the lawn..... here, the ice and
snow are still melting, and it's starting to get to the ugly melty mess time
of spring. Not to wish my life away, but the next 5 weeks could just go
away! I'm just waiting to get the porch cleaned up and to be able to have
the weekend coffee out there with DH. Not quite warm enough yet. ;)

Shelagh

Old March 26th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:32:05 -0600, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

of spring. Not to wish my life away, but the next 5 weeks could just go
away! I'm just waiting to get the porch cleaned up and to be able to have
the weekend coffee out there with DH. Not quite warm enough yet. ;)

Five weeks from now I'll be griping about the heat, the humidity, the
lack of rain, the skeetos and the big-ass effing cockroaches (palmetto
bugs). It is already almost too hot for my salad greens and will be
too hot for tomatoes to set blossom by the time mine are big enough to
start bearing.

*sigh* I heat the weather here.

+++++++++++++

Old March 27th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly I will be waiting ( I hope) for a picture of that fine knitted
sweater - even if I have to wait a year. I dearly love fine knitting but no
one sells fine yarn anymore here God bless Gwen

Old March 27th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article ,
Gwen wrote:
Wooly I will be waiting ( I hope) for a picture of that fine knitted
sweater - even if I have to wait a year. I dearly love fine knitting
but no one sells fine yarn anymore here God bless Gwen

Thank goodness for the Internet. Though I was lucky recently; I went
into a yarn shop many miles from home (Wilde and Wooly, Montreat, NC,
USA) and found Shepherd Baby Wool on sale for half price in a lovely
light green. I'm getting 8.25 stitches per inch on US-1 (2.5mm) sock
needles. These will be light-duty stockings.

=Tamar

Sunday morning coffee JCT Yarn 12 May 3rd 05 12:58 AM
Good morning on this sunny Sunday Els van Dam Yarn 2 December 13th 04 11:52 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
Good Sunday morning! Katherine Yarn 8 May 24th 04 12:17 AM
Sunday morning Maggs K Yarn 3 April 19th 04 04:10 AM