The Rewards of Gifting a Baby Quilt

Old September 20th 03, 08:34 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default The Rewards of Gifting a Baby Quilt

Hi Guys,
I was talking to DD last evening about the SMDGD. Apparently the little one
absolutely *loves* the quit I made her. It's the one that DD always uses when
she puts the baby down on the floor. Seems that all the bright colors and the
different animal prints keep the kid enthralled. DD said she needs to wash the
quilt again -- seems that not only the baby likes it but so does her big
"sister" Gizmo the black dog! The minute DD puts the baby down on the quilt,
the dog has to come lay right next to her -- on the quilt, of course -- and
protect the baby. The quilt is routinely covered with short black dog hair,
scattered droplets of doggie spit and large spots of baby slime -- LOLOL. I
can't think of a **better** compliment than that for one of my baby quilts --
especially the one I made for my grandbaby:-))))). CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old September 20th 03, 11:28 PM
Polly Esther

Somewhere around here, there's a bin filled with blue ribbons, medals,
trophies and the like. Not one of them was ever as precious as making a
quilt that a baby loves. Not one. For that matter, there are eight, maybe
more, musical instruments here. Not one makes a sound as sweet as a baby's
laugh.
You are, of course, busy making another quilt for the little darling,
aren't you? Sounds as though this one is going to be loved to pieces. Polly

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote in
message ...
[...]

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

Old September 21st 03, 01:00 PM
oldhag

Our grandbabies are about the same age. I have been selecting fabrics
for a bright girl-type quilt. I plan on letting her help me cut it our
and choose the colours and then she can sit on grammy's knee and help
her sew together when she gets a bit older so she can her make her own
quilt. The quilt I made for her to use until then is also used by her QI
but then the little quilt I made for her QI is used by her ...go figure
Donna in NWOntario

From: "Polly Esther"

........ You are, of course, busy making another quilt for the little darling,
aren't you? Sounds as though this one is going to be loved to pieces.

Not just yet :-))). I have just finished making one of those shopping cart
seat cover thingies for the wee one. I'm thinking of making her another quilt
for Christmas if there's time. If not then, I'll have one ready for her first
b-day in May. HMMM -- there's a thought!! A new b-day quilt each year that's
a bit larger than the previous year's quilt. I like it -- have to remember
that one :-)). CiaoMeow ^;;^
.

Old September 21st 03, 01:42 PM
Joan8904

Most of the baby quilts that I make are for babies of friends of my two boys.
I just absolutely love the idea that these dozens (!) of babies are wrapped in
quilts that I have made for them. Long-distance love. I'll probably never see
the babies (or the quilts again), but it still brings a smile to my face.

Plus, baby quilts are a great excuse to buy fabric and a wonderful way to try
out new blocks or patterns.

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

FS: Beautiful Handmade Heirloom Baby Quilt - Ebay Auction LFK Marketplace 0 March 13th 04 02:12 PM
Does this look like a baby quilt zo Quilting 36 August 24th 03 08:54 PM
Baby quilt Mel Rimmer Quilting 5 August 23rd 03 01:28 AM
help with a baby quilt Ann Adamson Quilting 4 August 21st 03 12:36 AM
Another Baby Quilt gone unappreciated? teleflora Quilting 21 July 18th 03 12:31 AM