Getting a HUGE loose loop at end of row.

Old March 26th 06, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Getting a HUGE loose loop at end of row.

Well, hello to a Victorian - I do not think we have ever had one in the
group. Our two daughters live in Vic. one in Collingwood and the other at
Bacchus Marsh - a bit cold for me but I love to go down every January to
escape a month of summer here, see the daughters and see the Aust.Open
tennis God Bless Gwen

"Cats" wrote in message
Gwen, I am down south in Victoria. I mostly lurk here, as
my main interest is quilting. But I am getting back into
knitting, and am currently madly making socks for the coming
cold months.
--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Gwen" wrote in
message ...
:
:
: Hello "Cats" here is another Aussie - where are you
rom - I am in QLd
: God Bless Gwen
:
:
: "Cats" wrote in message
: ...
: From one Aussie to another - HI!
:
: Not sure I fully understand what your knitting problem
is
: but there are experts here who can probably help. But
let
: me tell you - your munchkin will love those loopy blocks
: make a nest in far more than a jumper!! LOL You
have
: just described cat heaven!
:
: --
: Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
: ( U ) ( U ) ( U )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
: "aonaich" wrote in message
:
oups.com...
: : Hi everyone,
: :
: : I'm a new knitter, and I have been practising making
: swatches and
: : stuff. I'm learning to knit so that I can knit a
sweater
: for my five
: : month old Munchkin kitten as winter is approaching
here in
: Tasmania.
: :
: : I've been running into a problem however. I cast on
: loosely (though not
: : too loosely) and knit with an okay tension (the needle
: goes in through
: : the loop on the other needle fine) but I realise that
as I
: progress
: : down each row, the yarn just seems to get looser and
: looser, no matter
: : how tight I loop the yarn around the needle. This
happens
: regardless if
: : I knit or purl. What I end up with at the end is
having a
: swatch with
: : perfectly even texture but this incredibly huge loop
of
: yarn that I
: : just can't gather up. Trying to pull the yarn from the
: skein side
: : doesn't budge it. It's like, stuck or something. I end
up
: having to tie
: : off a huge loop at the end of every row, and knitting
gets
: unbearably
: : difficult once I get halfway through the row, as the
: needle has to go
: : through a loop the size of a barn on the other needle,
and
: I have to
: : pull a lot here and there just to keep the fabric even
in
: texture.
: :
: : Am I making any sense? I hope someone here knows of
what
: I'm talking
: : about and can give me some advice!
: :
: : Thanks for reading!
: :
:
:
:
:

Old March 26th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

LOL - we hit 47C here in February and well into the high 30s
through most of January. But at least we don't have the
humidity.

I am way out west of Melb - about 200km west! So way past
your daughter at BM. But I think BM is one of the coldest
places in the State during winter.

Old March 26th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Cats, I have just finished watching the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony
and I want to congratulate you as a Victorian as I think the ceremony was
just wonderful. Melbourne certainly did you proud. I have a great interest
in the Com Games as I did a lot here in1982 - I arranged all the
accommodation for the visitors and as a result they gave me a bronze medal -
I always tell everyone I won a bronze for running a three year marathon, as
that is how long it took to organise it all - well to attend all the
meetings anyway.

Personally , I could have done without three years of meetings !! At that
time I had a reservation service into the Gold Coast and so it was no
different to me than any other holiday time when we are full anyway.

However I think there is something about the Com Games - I guess it is
because it is kind of "ours" instead of the whole world..

I cannot quite picture where 200ks west of Melbourne would be but I guess
wherever it is Colleen ( Bacchus Marsh daughter) would have given lessons or
clinics in the area as she teaches dressage and body bio mechanics all over
the country and a lot of overseas countries a well. Shauna in Collingwood
is a real city girl and contracts in the area of finance and IT - at
present on contract with the Department of Premier and Cabinet and also does
a lot of work, which she gets off her web site, for clients in America.

So that is the run down of the other Aussie on the group -I joined four
years ago, when Shauna gave me a computer , as I was looking for one ball
of wool to match a shortfall !! It is such a wonderful group - so caring
of each other and a lot of good humour, as well as advice for beginners or
even veterans in trouble !

Bye God Bless Gwen

"Cats" wrote in message
[...]

Relockable Loop Knot Announcement O J Knots 0 January 12th 05 09:26 AM
Renee's Loop Announcement O J Knots 0 May 23rd 04 04:18 AM
O J's Loop Announcement O J Knots 0 May 23rd 04 04:09 AM
Double Dragon Loop? roo Knots 5 April 9th 04 09:47 PM
To loop or not to loop?? Jenn Ridley Needlework 1 August 16th 03 01:55 AM