Pix: Two new quilts completed

Old December 6th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Default Pix: Two new quilts completed

I have continued to be industrious smile and finished two quilts.
Link is my webshots album: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...44617897rRwYZY
The first 3 pix.
I had fun doing Summer Garden. I sketched a rough idea from a quilting
buddy's quilt ( I should have asked her for the pattern she said, I
just didn't think to, so it is a bit different to hers.) A slight
error in piecing led me to think about angling it slightly into the
background, and in the end I like the effect. It is for an elderly
uncle who asked to make him a throw for his settee. I was so pleased
he wanted one. I shall give to him at Christmas. I purchased all the
fabrics online from Hancocks of Paducah which was fun. I gave uncle a
couple of choices of the large florals and he was thrilled to have the
input. Now I just hope he likes the finished quilt! He loungeroom is
rather dreary so this should brighten it up smile.
The second quilt, Breaking the Drought, I had bought the fabric/
pattern from Aussie, Lisa Walton, quilt artist, at a quilt show in
January last, and it has just had to wait until I finished other
quilting commitments. It was also planned as a gift -- to good
friends who live high in the treetops near where I live. I thought the
colorway perfect. I didn't tell them the plan until I finished it and
took it over last week. They were stunned that I would show my love
for them this way and thrilled. They have now hung it and it looks
very nice in position. I learnt so many techniques from this project
- couching over thick decorative threads, skeletal leaves, partially
quilt-as-you-go (just four panels plus borders), spray basting which
made it beautifully flat and stable, improving my machine quilting,
trialling a binding-less edge using the facing technique in a AQS
magazine. I figured out all these things myself, they were not in
Lisa's instructions. The whole quilt sits so flat. I really enjoyed
doing this one in about 3 weeks.

Cheers
Bronnie
Aust.
Old December 6th 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Default Two new quilts completed

I always enjoy seeing your work, Bronnie, and these two are no exception.
They're wonderful. I love the angling of Summer Garden - it's great that you
were able to turn an error into something so good!

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old December 6th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

really nicely done! I'm always intrigued by how people use stripes
because I have a reputation among my quilting friends of avoiding
stripes. (:
Musicmaker
Old December 6th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr[_2_]

Very nice Bronnie! I enjoyed looking at the others again too.

Old December 6th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

FANtastic!

R/Sandy

On 12/6/07 1:01 AM, in article
, "Bronnie"

Old December 6th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

On 7 Dec, 06:41, Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

FANtastic!

R/Sandy

Thank you girls for your nice comments. Too kind as per usual
smile.

Bronnie

Old December 6th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Bronnie wrote:

[...]

As always, Bronwyn, they're gorgeous! I love your uncle's quilt,
especially. The slight angle gives it character.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 7th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Bronnie, as always, I LOVE your quilts! You have a wonderful sense of color
and proportion and a true gift for putting 'it' all together. And your
quilting always makes me drool. You are indeed an artist!

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 8th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

On 7 Dec, 22:45, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Bronnie, as always, I LOVE your quilts! You have a wonderful sense of color
and proportion and a true gift for putting 'it' all together. And your
quilting always makes me drool. You are indeed an artist!

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Thanks Leslie, you are too kind. Glad I could brighten your day!

Hugs
Bronnie

top completed!! Toni Schneidt Quilting 1 September 1st 06 06:48 PM
completed quilts maryd Quilting 10 September 16th 05 01:57 AM
ANOTHER UFO COMPLETED SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 12 May 16th 05 05:52 PM
My BOM completed Sally Swindells Quilting 10 March 6th 05 08:27 PM
Completed at last! WhansaMi Quilting 4 January 18th 05 02:31 PM