Latest completed project

Old June 28th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Latest completed project

A few weeks ago, I was approached by someone at the local "Y" about
making a "Captain Values" costume for them to be used at parades and
other functions. They wanted Captain Values to be a superhero-type
character espousing the Y's core values: honesty, caring, respect, and
responsibility. The cape was to have the Y logo on the back, along with
the four values. Here's the result:
http://www.rochfamy.org/adults/images/dsc00117.jpg I fused the black
and red in the logo to the white; I never quite trust fusing to hold
alone, so I straight stitched around the edges with matching thread. I
used Eleanor Burns' fusible interfacing technique for appliqueing the
white circle with the logo to the red cape; then I sewed that down with
a black machine blanket stitch. I fused the interfacing to the back of
the white fabric for the letters to reduce show-through from the red and
then used Steam-a-seam 2 to fuse the letters to the cape; I dropped the
feed dogs and free-motion stitched the letters down to make sure they
were secure. The cape itself is basically a big circle; I took the hood
pattern from one of my jackets. I was pretty happy with the results and
the Y was pleased.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old June 28th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Julia in MN wrote:

[...]

It looks great, Julia. Well done!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 28th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
Julia in MN wrote:

[...]

Really nice, Julia!
--