The quilt block that almost did me in!

Old July 27th 05, 08:34 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default The quilt block that almost did me in!

My Women's Shelter HUG quilt block has curved Flying Geese in a plaid
fabric, side triangles that shade from deep gold to almost white and
appliqued free-floating triangles. Quite the challenging block for me!
Now, it's done and you can see it in my Webshots album...

http://community.webshots.com/album/405194269

Leslie (feeling almost post-partum) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 27th 05, 08:47 PM
Donna

WOW!! What a gorgeous block and what a great job you did. Wish my points
looked as good or even half as good!

--
Donna in NE La.
oups.com...

Old July 27th 05, 09:01 PM
Queen of Squishies

Incredible.....

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 27th 05, 09:21 PM
Kay Ahr

Woooowwwww . . . . that's nice! I got cold chills lookin' at it!

Love your coffee cups too! Are there patterns available for both blocks?

TIA
Kay Ahr in Reno, Nevada
To reply directly to me, remove "WESTHI" in the email address.

Old July 27th 05, 09:26 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

My Women's Shelter HUG quilt block has curved Flying Geese in a plaid
fabric, side triangles that shade from deep gold to almost white and
appliqued free-floating triangles. Quite the challenging block for me!
Now, it's done and you can see it in my Webshots album...

http://community.webshots.com/album/405194269

Leslie (feeling almost post-partum) & The Furbabies in MO.

My goodness, Leslie -- that's a *wonderful* job! How can the rest of us
ever live up to Hug blocks like that???
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 27th 05, 10:18 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Kay-

The coffee cups block is from the book "Block Magic" (over 50 fun &
easy blocks from squares and rectangles) by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. I
use that book alot for hugs when I want to do a nice, but easier block.
Sandy was correct, the name of the block is actually Tea Cups- I
messed up! For some hug quilts I design an original block just for
that particular recipient- like the Moon Over The Mountain block and
this curved geese block.

Thanks, everyone, for the lovely compliments.... it makes the
frustrations with the design and sewing seem so unimportant. :-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 27th 05, 10:18 PM
Patti

You are most certainly on a roll Mz Leslie g
I'm exhausted just watching your progress!

Hmmm - plaid gees where the lines don't have to match any sides could be
a possibility for me? Must think on't g
..
In message .com,
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. writes
My Women's Shelter HUG quilt block has curved Flying Geese in a plaid
fabric, side triangles that shade from deep gold to almost white and
appliqued free-floating triangles. Quite the challenging block for me!
Now, it's done and you can see it in my Webshots album...

http://community.webshots.com/album/405194269

Leslie (feeling almost post-partum) & The Furbabies in MO.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 27th 05, 11:19 PM
Marcella Peek

Beautiful! I think to reward yourself you should get a new sewing
machine :-)

marcella

In article .com,

Old July 27th 05, 11:30 PM
Donna in Idaho

Wow!
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
My Women's Shelter HUG quilt block has curved Flying Geese in a plaid
fabric, side triangles that shade from deep gold to almost white and
appliqued free-floating triangles. Quite the challenging block for me!
Now, it's done and you can see it in my Webshots album...

http://community.webshots.com/album/405194269

Leslie (feeling almost post-partum) & The Furbabies in MO.

Strolling the block SWAP quilt top finished! Terbear Quilting 4 June 5th 05 09:28 PM
Quilt Block Patterns Christina in Ok Quilting 11 May 1st 05 10:41 PM
pineapple quilt block j Quilting 7 April 19th 05 08:13 PM
Intro...Gosh I'm long-winded. Firefly Quilting 12 December 19th 04 04:38 AM
Underground Railroad Quilts was Help with quilt block name origins Nbhilyard Quilting 4 August 28th 03 05:35 PM