Noreen -- White Buffalo patterns

Old December 27th 03, 02:49 PM
Slinky

Default Noreen -- White Buffalo patterns

Elann.com has some White Buffalo patterns in their "bargains"
section...

Ever your Evil Enabler
Old December 27th 03, 06:45 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:49:41 GMT, Slinky wrote:

Elann.com has some White Buffalo patterns in their "bargains"
section...

Ever your Evil Enabler

Thank you, Slinky!
Ever enabled!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 27th 03, 09:17 PM
JudyTurpin

Elann.com has some White Buffalo patterns in their "bargains"
section...

Ever your Evil Enable BRBR

I have a couple of white buffalo pattern books but have never been adventerous
enough to try them.
I live in the US Pacific NW and the Cowichan sweaters and hats are well known
here and would make a welcome gift but I have hesitated because the yarn is
different. Has anyone used it much and are there some particular cautions???

JCT
Old December 27th 03, 10:32 PM
Katherine

I have used the yarn, and found it a challenge. However, if you take your
time, the end result is worth the extra effort.
Katherine

Old December 28th 03, 07:52 PM
JudyTurpin

'm working a sleeveless sweater vest in White Buffalo wool. This
wool is basically five strands of pencil roving (more like pencil-lead
in thickness). To start knitting, you must twist the yarn to make it
hold together - it'll twist to about the thickness of a Bulky yarn.
Although the package says that the twist will continue, I haven't
found this to be true: I have to keep twisting it now and then. A
hiccup I've encountered is that occasionally one of the strands of
roving will break. This isn't difficult to fix: Just unknit back to
where it broke and draft it together with its broken end, then give
the whole yarn a couple of good twists to keep it together. It is a
trifle annoying, though.
Because of its bulk, it does knit up very quickly. It can be hard on
the hands, though.

Hope this helps
Is mise le meas
-==- Katzedecimal
BRBR

Thanks -- that helps!
JCT
Old December 29th 03, 12:46 PM
Yarn Forward

Ennien wrote:
(snip)

Although the package says that the twist will continue, I haven't
found this to be true: I have to keep twisting it now and then.

When I knit with it, I found it twisted itself. If you put the puck flat on the
floor, and take the yarn off the outside, at right angles to the flat side of
the puck (straight up), it twists itself as it comes off the puck. (Hope that
is clear - as clear as mud as my mum would say)

Roger.

--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store

Old January 2nd 04, 09:48 PM
me

This was a timely topic -- I am awaiting a White Buffalo yarn kit, and was
curious about it, since I heard that it actually came with instructions on
how to use it, which sounded very intriguing!

"Yarn Forward" wrote in message
.. .

(snip)