THIS THURSDAY 4/22 - Long Island Pen Club Meeting

Old April 20th 04, 04:11 AM
Nancy Handy

Default THIS THURSDAY 4/22 - Long Island Pen Club Meeting

If you're from Long Island, the 5 boroughs of NYC, or Westchester, we
invite you to join us at a Long Island Pen Club meeting. People from
other areas are welcome too!

We're meeting on THIS THURSDAY, April 22 at 8 pm.
Theme: Interesting Nibs

Our club has been growing, and we had our largest turnout yet at the
last meeting. We enjoyed an interesting and informative pen repair
lecture by Bob Novak who brought many leather cases filled with vintage
pens for sale/trade. New members, Murray and Abe, brought dozens of
pens for sale as well. Yasmin showed off her new Pelikan White Tortoise
which looked far nicer in person than any picture can convey.

We still have room for more people. The large conference room table can
be split open in the middle allowing a whole new row (or two). The room
is brightly lit and the chairs are comfy, but most importantly the pen
folks have been very open and friendly to each other and to the new
folks who join us each meeting.

Be sure to join our yahoo group ) to
have input about meetings, get date changes, or last minute
cancellations. If you have an expertise to share, feel free to arrange
to conduct a lecture or demo.

We meet in the Hofstra Science Building, which is across from the Nassau
Colliseum. Email for directions to the building because the campus is
large. We'd love to have you join us!
Newbies are encouraged to join in the fun too!
Admission cost: free

Nancy

Old April 24th 04, 07:37 AM
Nancy Handy

Sorry I sent this to my wrong hobby group.
No wonder it didn't turn up in the other group where it belonged.

Nancy Handy wrote:

If you're from Long Island, the 5 boroughs of NYC, or Westchester, we
invite you to join us at a Long Island Pen Club meeting. People from
other areas are welcome too!

We're meeting on THIS THURSDAY, April 22 at 8 pm.
Theme: Interesting Nibs

(snip)