Why can't I

Old September 20th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default Why can't I

On Sep 19, 9:49*am, "Donna D." wrote:
See I used to take my stitching to work and when I took my kid to karate. I
don't do either now. I should take it to work. My afghan was too big and too
many colors to carry.

I do almost all of my stitching on my lunch breaks and when I'm
watching tv. No matter what I'm working on, big or small, it goes
with me. Stitch by stitch, it eventually gets done.

Do all the colors of your afghan *have* to go with? Maybe the ones
not in use at the moment could stay at home. Most yarn-work actually
bundles up quite small when needed.

My Magical night is half done, enchantress is 1/3 and now I want fall fairy
by *Ruth Sanderson the same person who designed enchantress. I made
a mistake on both projects and now have a hard time fixing them since I
went over 3 instead of 2 in 1 space and screwed everything.

Have you tried just stitching over that extra thread with the correct
color? When I've found I've stitched a color in a wrong spot, if I
just stitch over it with the correct one the under color is hidden.
With the extra elongation over 3 threads, that might not work but it
might be worth a try, especially if it's in a "busy" area.

OTOH, if it's something special, like a round robin I participated in
once upon a time, it maybe should just be pulled out. I pulled out
about half of the previous participant's work because she'd gone over
3 in one area and it stuck out like a sort thumb. Not fun, especially
when there are a lot of other colors involved, but well worth the
final effort.

Good luck!

Joan