On The Road Again -- OY!!

Old September 15th 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default On The Road Again -- OY!!

Hi Guys,
Well, I have been home from the cabin for a total of 3 1/2 weeks and
will be off to Texas in about 1 1/2 weeks! We will be in Longview, TX
for a long weekend to get a look at the log home model we are most
likely going to buy & build once we have moved back to the high country
wilds of Lizard Land.
So -- besides the log home model, can anyone recommend any sort of
needlework or quilting shops in the Longview, TX area? I'm sure there
are lots of things to do in the area (DSis has already given me chapter
& verse on things like scenic drives, museums, etc.) but I'm not overly
interested in doing a lot of "walking around" sight seeing -- just LNS
or LQS shopping.
Actually, I'm hoping for a pretty sedentary weekend with the
majority of walking done at the model home or through LNS & LQS :-).
I've spent the three weeks since returning home helping a friend prepare
for her wedding which was just this last weekend. I've been hanging
drywall, stringing outdoor lights, making ribbon flowers for doggie
corsages and generally running around way more than my old arthritic
knees, hips and back can handle :-). So -- mornings in TX will be spent
at the log home office or shopping and afternoons & nights will be spent
sitting around the hotel room working on that NP stocking I'm stitching
for Janet!!!
I have so much sewing work right now that it's not funny! I'm making
a costume for the young man who takes care of the babies for us when we
travel -- he needs it by Friday. I have a bride's maid dress to do some
minor alterations on before we leave for TX and I have to hem DSis's
dress for the wedding and mail it back to her by Monday! I also have a
quilt to finish (it's ready to be sandwiched & quilted, etc.) before we
leave for the wedding but it's an easy job. Besides, we don't leave
until 01 October so I will have the better part of two weeks to get that
done and I only need a few days. I wonder why autumn is **always** like
this?!?!?
Hoping to get some LNS or LQS leads from you folks. If not, I'll
spend my days in the hotel room on my fat Irish arse, happily stitching
away on the NP stocking and consider the time well spent :-). CiaoMeow
^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old September 16th 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Tia Mary wrote:
Hi Guys,
Well, I have been home from the cabin for a total of 3 1/2 weeks and
will be off to Texas in about 1 1/2 weeks! We will be in Longview, TX
for a long weekend to get a look at the log home model we are most
likely going to buy & build once we have moved back to the high country
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

I am on another group that has oodles of members. Have mentioned your
interest. So far one response.

http://www.akittykats.com/stores.html

If you prefer to respond on regular email I am at gillmurray 1 @
verizon dot net

It is probably in your address book, anyway LOL

Gill/Gillian
Old September 16th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Gillian Murray wrote:
http://www.akittykats.com/stores.html

If you prefer to respond on regular email I am at gillmurray 1 @
verizon dot net

It is probably in your address book, anyway LOL

Gill/Gillian

Thanks for the link Gil -- I'll have to check out the towns listed to
see if anything is in the vicinity :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old September 16th 10, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Tia Mary wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:
http://www.akittykats.com/stores.html

If you prefer to respond on regular email I am at gillmurray 1 @
verizon dot net

It is probably in your address book, anyway LOL

Gill/Gillian

Thanks for the link Gil -- I'll have to check out the towns listed to
see if anything is in the vicinity :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

Just got a later update...and not too promising. Will check again in the
morning, after I get up ( No....not early!!!)
Old September 17th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Tia Mary wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:
http://www.akittykats.com/stores.html

If you prefer to respond on regular email I am at gillmurray 1 @
verizon dot net

It is probably in your address book, anyway LOL

Gill/Gillian

Thanks for the link Gil -- I'll have to check out the towns listed to
see if anything is in the vicinity :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

I looked at the link yesterday..............and it is hopelessly
inaccurate!! There are stores, which have been closed for many years. It
also misses a lot of stores, which I know for a fact exist.

I did get a email from a lady, who says she has family near where you
will be, and that she has never been able to find anything nearer than
Tyler, TX

Sorry
Old September 18th 10, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Gillian Murray wrote:
I looked at the link yesterday..............and it is hopelessly
inaccurate!! There are stores, which have been closed for many years. It
also misses a lot of stores, which I know for a fact exist.

I did get a email from a lady, who says she has family near where you
will be, and that she has never been able to find anything nearer than
Tyler, TX

Sorry

That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll have better luck finding an
LQS. Quilting is BIG business in TX but I ain't gonna hold my breath!!
Thanks bunches for trying -- I appreciate it :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

On the Road Again Butterflywings Quilting 2 April 27th 08 05:36 PM
On the Road Again hesira Yarn 4 June 29th 06 03:05 PM
the road not taken Els van Dam Yarn 14 July 19th 04 11:27 AM
On the road again! shhdesigns Quilting 4 May 22nd 04 02:37 AM
On the road again, Just can't wait to be on the road again Laura Yarn 3 November 18th 03 04:46 PM