Quilt Show Suggestions Needed

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 8th 04, 09:06 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default Quilt Show Suggestions Needed

Hello All!
My quilt guild is planning a Quilt Show for April 30 - May 1,
2005. I volunteered to be on the committee. (Musta been high on
the fumes of the new fabric I've been buying!!)

We had the first Show Committee meeting a few days ago and it was
well attended. Jobs were assigned to whoever volunteered for
them. I quickly got my name on the list for an easy job. I will
be doing the 'Souvenirs and Pins' task.

My job is to investigate possible souvenir items that we can sell
at the Show. I will present options to committee and follow up
with ordering from the manufacturer. I also have to get pins made
up. The pin and other souvenir will probably feature the logo and
the theme.

So far we have the logo ... a blue and white Double Irish Chain
Quilt. (That is our WIP Raffle Quilt.) We have not yet selected
the theme, or name, for the Show.

Now to my questions! First, do you have a good idea for the Show
name? Next: What do you like as a Show Souvenir? What have you
seen at Shows? What would you like to buy at Shows? Some items
we've had at past events include coffee mugs, pocket address
books, and retractable tape measures. I want to get something
unique, fun, and useful.

I will really appreciate your contributions!! In fact, I will
send your some no-calorie chocolate! You know, the invisible
cyber kind!!

Thanks, PAT in VA/USA

I went to a quilt show last Sunday--long Debra Quilting 6 March 26th 04 02:54 AM
Sun Prarie Wi Quilt Show Mauvice Murphy Quilting 4 March 24th 04 07:39 PM
Need help setting up a new judged award at quilt show Rich & Midge Quilting 1 February 10th 04 04:41 PM
Advice on quilt show award MJ Quilting 0 February 8th 04 09:24 PM
NJ - Love Apple's Quilt Show Melissa in NJ Quilting 9 February 7th 04 07:20 PM