I found a guild!

Old October 24th 03, 11:22 AM
Keith and Michelle

Default I found a guild!

I'm so excited!
I had heard on the radio about what I thought was a quilt show in my town.
So I went to check it out and it turned out to be a quilting machine demo
(you know, those attachments you can get that turn your machine into a
long-arm quilting machine.) But I asked the ladies there if there was a
guild in town, and sure enough, there is! and the guild president(?) is a
volunteer at the MFRC (Military Family Resource Centre).
So I haven't joined yet, cuz I got to see how much free time I'll have left
over between work, CUrves, and the baby, plus DH wants to start Tae-Kwon-Do
again. But there is one! This is so exciting! It's the first time I've lived
near a guild!
Woohoo!
Just had to share!
Michelle in Gander

Old October 24th 03, 02:08 PM
frood

That's great, Michelle! I hope you can go check it out. Keep us posted!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 24th 03, 03:43 PM
Marilyn

Wonderful Michelle. I can remember when I first found one within 20 miles
of my home.....went there a few times...found quilters there from my
hometown and we began one right here. I had hoped and hoped for years I
would find 1 now I am involved in 2 and loving every minute of it. What
great inspiration you can get from all the other members.
Marilyn in Moravia, NY

Old October 25th 03, 11:03 PM
shhdesigns

How wonderful for you, hope you enjoy your new friends. How long will you
be in Gander? Waving at you from the far side of Canada!

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Old October 26th 03, 10:44 AM
Keith and Michelle

We're supposed to be here for 3 years. But we were supposed to be in
Labrador for three years and we were only there for 363 days. So you never
know.
It turns out all the other momiies at my Baby and Me group are also quilters
of varying skill and I made a friend in the fabric department at Wal-Mart
( we had our interview together). BTW, anyone looking for an embroidery
machine, Wal-Mart (in Canada anyway) is clearing out their Brother PE-150
for about $500 instead of the original $800-900. But apparently it ONLY does
embroidery. If the price drops any lower (like to $200) I may have to go buy
it myself! Brother apparently is discontinuing this machine to make way for
the PE-180D which has Disney designs. Oooh.
I'll keep you all posted on when I go for the first time!
Thansk!
Michelle in Gander