Split rings question

Old August 12th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Default sorta OT--- GFNR

nah........I disagree!g

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Maybe we need someone to start an argument :-)

Tina

"Maren at google" wrote in message
Good to see you!

Haven't seen/done a group BFNR in a long time, just sent some
stuff from the ocean to Karleen some time earlier this year all
by myself.

Hadn't checked r.c.b in a day and a half, and all of a sudden
there were 38 new posts! Almost feels like the old days.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
(currently in mostly sunny Portland)

On Aug 7, 6:58 pm, "Dr. Sooz" wrote:
Does anyone do group BFNRs here anymore?

~ Sooz

On Jul 31, 9:23 am, "Sarajane Helm" wrote:

Those of you who are new to this newsgroup may not have seen the

"BFNR"
occurances before, or seen 'em and not known what they are. Well, it

is
"Beads For No Reason" that sometimes we send to each other..just

because.
Because we can, because we want to...because we like the person on

the
other
end. I have so many good friends right here that are dear to me, and

yet
that I wouldnt recognize if met on the street as we've never

actually
SEEN
each other.

Tina is one such friend to me. I love her for many reasons, mostly

for
the
insights and words she shares here in the newsgroup.

Old August 12th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

hey Tina--I've kicked my coffee in the morning habit in favor of the
ginseng. This is day four of no coffee and it feels better, no caffeine
plus the ginseng helps me control my anxiety levels better.. Thanks again!!

Old August 12th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
The LazyBum

WOW, if I did that, they'd have to send the men in white coats out after
me.... Scares me just to think about it.

--- Lazy
http://www.funcraftics.com

Old August 20th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

I'm so glad it's doing good things for you!! It's funny how we
respond to different herbs. I've never noticed much difference with
Ginseng, but Astragalus and Ginkgo work well for me. And I've been
eating lots of pickled ginger for my joints this year.

Tina

Old August 22nd 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Aug 20, 8:13*am, wrote:
I'm so glad it's doing good things for you!! *It's funny how we
respond to different herbs. *I've never noticed much difference with
Ginseng, but Astragalus and Ginkgo work well for me. *And I've been
eating lots of pickled ginger for my joints this year.

Pickled ginger for joints? For real?
I have a jar of home pickled ginger in the fridge,
maybe I should eat that ...

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
(I'll get around to updating the blog at some point. Honest)

Old August 22nd 08, 09:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Aug 21, 5:23 pm, wrote:
It's an anti-inflammatory.

That I knew. It just never clicked.

I guess I'll have to grow more ginger root.

Maren
(now the kitten is trying to eat my eyeglass leash)

Old August 22nd 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Ginger is an anti-inflammatory, and a carminative--that means it makes your
stomach feel better and gets rid or gas and bloating. Great stuff, ginger.
We do fresh chopped ginger, honey and a teeeeeny bit of cayenne pepper in
hot water for sore throats/coughs because it cuts the mucous and sooths the
throat all the way down..

Old August 22nd 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Maren, how does ginger root do best? I had some green nubby things coming
out, looked promising in the dish....but I planted it in dirt and it rotted.
What do they like, to grow please?
Sarajane

Old August 23rd 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Aug 22, 12:32 pm, "Sarajane Helm" wrote:
Maren, how does ginger root do best? I had some green nubby things coming
out, looked promising in the dish....but I planted it in dirt and it rotted.
What do they like, to grow please?
Sarajane

"Maren at google" wrote in message
I guess I'll have to grow more ginger root.

It's a tropical, to begin with. It goes dormant in winter even here.
Obviously (to you as well as to me) it's a root crop, so if you want
to grow some it needs space to expand (kinda like iris, for the people
in the more temperate zone places). I have mine in a gallon pot, and
some more in the yard in a place where it doesn't get enough sun.
The gallon pot is definitely too small, a seed flat would be more
like it. It likes decent drainage, you can probably plant it
in potting soil (on top of potting soil, it'll grow in the direction
it
wants to), but make sure it isn't soggy. The green nubby things
are the new sprouts, and they will need some dirt to go into.
It doesn't have to be deep dirt, we don't have deep dirt where
I am (too steep a slope to hold much dirt even on 3000 year old
lava). Email me if you have specific questions, I may or may not
be able to answer them.

I believe you can grow ginger outside the tropics if you can give
it an environment that's suitable enough for it to survive the winter.

HTH,
Maren