Greetings from the past...

Old March 13th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chatelaine-Martina Weber

Default Greetings from the past...

Hi all,
not long ago a member of this group sent me an email to my private
mailbox - and all of a sudden there were quite some memories coming to
my mind. The more , as I am sorting my stash of things and magazines
and was kind of "back in the past" anyway by looking on articles and
mags of 1995 and so on....
I was kind of indulging in fond memories of the friendly people I met
here, of those who got me "started" with designing and my own
business. And now I wonder : WHO is still here from "olden times" ? I
would be glad to "see" you and maybe chat a bit to and fro.
I have spent quite some hours now looking through old posts from
"then" - and I can tell you that is a pretty strange feeling to read
one's own posts, comments and stuff which is yeeeeeaaarrssss old now.

Lot has changed for me in my life ... and in yours for sure too !

For now -kind regards from an "old" poster here ( hihi - got 50 this
year, imagine that ! and still kicking...)

Martina Weber
Chatelaine Designs
Duisburg- Germany
Old March 13th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
monique

Chatelaine-Martina Weber wrote:

I was kind of indulging in fond memories of the friendly people I met
here, of those who got me "started" with designing and my own
business. And now I wonder : WHO is still here from "olden times" ?

I am!
Monique in TX
Old March 13th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Trish Brown

[...]

G'day Martina!

Fancy seeing you here after all these years! I hope life's been good to
you during all that time? I can see you're still designing because I
visit your website from time to time. Your designs just keep getting
better! I'd love to know is how Manuela is - she must be nearly finished
school by now? My Ellie (who was a toddler Back Then) is in her second
year of high school and nearly as tall as me!

I know how you feel about turning 50. Isn't it amazing how age sneaks up
on you and suddenly you find you're not as young as you feel? ROTFL!
Congratulations on joining us over-50s: it's not such a bad place to be.

Anyway, welcome back. Looking forward to seeing more of you! ;-D

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old March 13th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Indeed, it is wonderful to hear from you, Martina. I hope you stick
around for awhile!

Dianne

Embroidery Discussions at http://www.heritageshoppe.com/smf
Old March 14th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chatelaine-Martina Weber

On 13 Mrz., 23:18, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:
Indeed, it is wonderful to hear from you, Martina. *I hope you stick
around for awhile!

Dianne

Hi Dianne,

so nice to see you here still ! (waving.... !!!)

- well , I just need a place to "go" for some chat sometimes.. and
what else would
I chat about besides needlework stuff, threads, beads,
sparklies....grin

I am just sitting here, sleepless in Duisburg to say so - and kitting
up some
older designs with updated threads ( as the "old" stuff is not longer
available, much to
my dismay !) Have some gazillions of skeins of various companies on my
desk here,
try to keep the cat away and decide on what goes for which color.

Always mostly a fun project !

kind regards,

Old March 14th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chatelaine-Martina Weber

On 14 Mrz., 03:04, fran wrote:
I have your Egyptian Garden kitted up and ready to go (bought
everything a while back). *One difference is - I have been playing
with the idea of doing it on a light goldish-tan silk and using
16-count waste canvas (which will allow 32-count over one). *I just
have to finish one other project first and figure out what type of
frame to use with it. Of course at the rate I stitch, it will take me
years to finish it! LOL.....

Fran -
did you ever stitch a large project on silk using waste canvas?
I would kind of fear, that such a symmetrical design will be somewhat
out of lines later, once the canvas is removed.
My experiences with wc are very limited to some Tshirts and tricotage
stuff
I embroidered once - but I could imagine it being utterly
difficult...for straight lines and graphic elements.

kind regards,
Old March 14th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chatelaine-Martina Weber

On 13 Mrz., 19:30, monique wrote:
I am!
Monique in TX

Hi Monique !!
Honestly I only remember your name "faintly" - hope you are not
offended !

kind regards,

Old March 14th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone

In message , monique
writes
Chatelaine-Martina Weber wrote:

I was kind of indulging in fond memories of the friendly people I met
here, of those who got me "started" with designing and my own
business. And now I wonder : WHO is still here from "olden times" ?

I am!
Monique in TX

I pop in now and again.
Shirley in UK
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old March 14th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/13/08 1:37 PM, in article
,
[...]

I remember you from my first time on the group in the mid 90's, I don't
think you'll recall me though.

Love your stuff, wish I had the wherewithal to try one of the gardens.
Cheryl

Old March 14th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Love your stuff, wish I had the wherewithal to try one of the gardens.
Cheryl- Hide quoted text -

Me too!! I drool over them, then sigh, knowing I don't have the time
in this life.

Linda (probably NOT here the first time)

Needlework find from the past ellice Needlework 2 May 10th 07 01:35 PM
How did I forget JCS this past Christmas? Becky A Needlework 2 January 30th 06 01:52 AM
hello ....a voice from the past coggietm Yarn 12 March 4th 05 03:19 AM
past post Michele Blank Glass 0 November 12th 04 05:47 AM
ad> christmas past...tatercat tatercat Beads 0 December 4th 03 03:38 AM