Another E-Bay Featherweight Tip

Old October 30th 03, 12:57 AM
KittyG

Default Another E-Bay Featherweight Tip

Wow that is a beauty! I've been watching too and love looking at these
vintage machines! Great find.

kitty in phx
--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
news
Hi All:

After the last discussion on Featherweights I decided it was time for
me to spring for one. I watched the auctions for a week to get an
idea as to what they sell for in what condition. Over the weekend,
most went for $350-$400. Well, I got a real beauty today for $295.00.
You can see her at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=60 5&rd=1

I think one of the keys to getting a good deal on a Featherweight is
to find an auction that ends on a weekday and not a weekend. And,
even better if it ends during the day. I had to bid while I was at
work, and there was still someone else bidding, but I got it for my
price of under $300.

I'm so excited. I can hardly wait until she gets here.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot

com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Old October 30th 03, 01:38 AM
AliceW

You did good! Enjoy her.

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old October 30th 03, 03:01 AM
Diana Curtis

Congratulations!
You may find one at a good price, too, if you find a mislabled
Featherweight. I see them all the time. The seller doesnt know what they
have. Of course, I see a lot of non Featherweights that are listed as FWs.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=60 5&r

Old October 30th 03, 03:17 AM
nana2b

Oh Mardi, Can you see how green with envy I am? I am still looking and
bidding. Maybe I will have one to celebrate with soon.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old October 30th 03, 04:39 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Enjoy, Mardi! I love my 221. Such a practical machine, and if you're
lucky, there is a FW guru in your area. There are so few things that go
wrong with a Featherweight, and most of them you can fix yourself. Mine
only took a week to arrive, and that included the time for our local FW guru
to make sure it was in perfect sewing shape.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Old October 30th 03, 02:00 PM
Bonnie

M. Wetmore wrote:
Hi All:

I think one of the keys to getting a good deal on a Featherweight is
to find an auction that ends on a weekday and not a weekend. And,
even better if it ends during the day. I had to bid while I was at
work, and there was still someone else bidding, but I got it for my
price of under $300.

I'm so excited. I can hardly wait until she gets here.

Mardi

Hi Mardi,
I agree with your observations. I got mine on an auction
that ended during a weekday also and payed $323 total for
shippiing and insurance. I'm quite happy with mine. Hope
your enjoy yours!
--
Bonnie
NJ

FS: Vintage Singer Featherweight Iron -- Best Piecing Iron Available! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 08:10 PM
fs&fa FOR PERFECT QUILT PIECING the Little Known Most Popular Singer Featherweight Vintage Accessory! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 9th 04 04:30 PM
Singer Featherweight Bonnie Quilting 9 October 21st 03 02:52 PM
Ok spin off Featherweight machine Dustbunny Quilting 3 October 13th 03 12:55 PM
How Much Does a Featherweight Weigh? (a bit OT) Joan8904 Quilting 8 August 1st 03 09:52 PM