Crochet injury

Old October 8th 10, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Crochet injury

Can anyone see me ? mirjam
Old October 8th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn.Mary

On 10/8/2010 7:53 AM, mirjam wrote:

Can anyone see me ? mirjam

I see you, but am about to leave for a meeting. Not much chat on here
of late

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old October 8th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"mirjam" wrote in message

Took about 3 days, but went away. I'm very conscience now of how I'm
sitting and if my arms are restrained by say... a couch cushion. Even in
crochet the elbows need to be free I've found. haha

How are you doing? What have you got going right now?

Lynne

Good Morning Lynne and all .....
I am glad to read that you are better
I have started a shawl which is part knitted part crocheted it is
almost done , [probably today]
and try to resume weaving. i have finished some embroidered art works
as well as `mixed` media.
just now i decided to go through my threads collection [ twice a year
i check to see no unwanted guests settled , and to see /remember what
i have there.] last year`s knitting was all based on materials i had ,
i am trying to finish old threads and stashed up leftovers ,,,,,, the
[self imposed] rule was, do not buy any news wool/ unless i used up
stashed material for a `whole complete` project. and it
worked ....
mirjam

I like that you use up your stash. I don't have much of a stash. What I
have left over is usually leftover from a project that didn't use up all the
yarn. I'm never sure what to do with leftover yarn that comes in many
different weights and fibers. I always think a scrap afghan would look odd.

Lynn

Old October 9th 10, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Oct 8, 9:57*pm, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
On 10/8/2010 7:53 AM, mirjam wrote:

Can anyone see me ? mirjam

I see you, but am about to leave for a meeting. *Not much chat on here
of late

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Thank you Olwyn Mary i just saw your kind answer on the other group
i think it is up to us to renew the Yarn talks here .....
mirjam
Old October 9th 10, 06:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Hallo Lynn
I like that you use up your stash. *I don't have much of a stash.

I think none of us `means` to have a stash ,, it sort of happens ..."
I buy wool for a sweater estimate the amount, and buy 1 ball more
`just in case` , that i need more and it won`t be there ,,,,,,than i
keep it , could of course exchange it , but why bother ? i will find a
use for it" and so it heaps up ...
and of course people give me left overs etc,,,
But there is anther side to it , Friends and colleagues , call me up
and ask if i have `a piece of thread in that color or a part of cloth
with this tint ` and i am always happy to share ,,,,

As to your wondering what to do with left overs ,,, have a look at
google thaere many sites with ideas.
but i can tell you what i do ,
first i must tell you i like colored sweaters, thus many a time in the
midst of a monochromatic sweater i will add a line or two of another
color usualy not even in a symmetric way.
i have made my son a Hexagons afghan. This one started as a play of
sort i started making hexagons of 3 colors each, changing the order
every time, than i made one of every color, than i made them into some
flower form , and than crocheted the inner hexagons towards the
middle, [finishing in the middle, after a while i had enough flowers ,
so i started to sew those together and after a year i had this Huge
afghan , without feeling it took me any time to do it ,,,
Lately i made myself a Cotton Summer shrug [buses freeze you here in
summer] in which i used a variegated thread, and used [from my
leftovers piles] monochromatic threads that echoed or enhanced one of
the colors in the variegated thread.
i knit /crochet little cellular phone bags, [for presents and
charity] . i knit/crochet moebiouses .
you can knit sweaters/ shawls/ vests/ skirts and anything you feel
like knitting , and use all those colors up even if they are in
different weights ,,, there really no RULES at all ...
mirjam