I need some feedback from knitting friends...

Old April 26th 04, 02:56 AM
Dale

Default I need some feedback from knitting friends...

I'd like to get outside opinions from knitting enthusiasts on my new
web site. Please don't mistake this for an advertisement, because it
is not. I'm trying to get feedback so I can make some important
decisions regarding the site, www.vintage-knitting-patterns.com. If
anyone would be so kind as to help me out, I would be very grateful.
I'll even give you a digital download of a wonderful pattern book full
of stoles and shawls. But, PLEASE don't feel you have to make a
purchase. You can if you like, but that is not the purpose of this
post. I just need feedback, and I'm willing to make it worth the 60
seconds it will take you to provide it.

Thanks,

Dale & Tabitha G.
Old April 26th 04, 03:06 AM
Katherine

Dale wrote:
I'd like to get outside opinions from knitting enthusiasts on my new
web site. Please don't mistake this for an advertisement, because it
is not. I'm trying to get feedback so I can make some important
decisions regarding the site, www.vintage-knitting-patterns.com. If
anyone would be so kind as to help me out, I would be very grateful.
I'll even give you a digital download of a wonderful pattern book full
of stoles and shawls. But, PLEASE don't feel you have to make a
purchase. You can if you like, but that is not the purpose of this
post. I just need feedback, and I'm willing to make it worth the 60
seconds it will take you to provide it.

Thanks,

Dale & Tabitha G.

OK, I did it. Just out of curiosity, where do YOU get the vintage patterns?

Katherine

Old April 26th 04, 04:03 AM
anne

A few things I noticed:

The calendar doesn't work in Mozilla

I like so many of us are using popup blockers so I didn't see your plea to take
the survey.

IMNSHO, you'd be better off changing the color of the text that you want to
empahsize instead of surrounding it in yellow.

I'd prefer the 'click here' options to precede 'add to my shopping cart'

p.s. somewhere in a box is a picture of me in a hat just like the one showing
at the top your page.
Old April 26th 04, 08:26 AM
Maggs K

Dale, I only have one problem with your site.....it's under the quiz...
..Question three 3. How much do you usually spend for a Knitting Pattern Book
on the Net? and my answer is below:
I have never bought Knitting Pattern Book downloads on the Net.

I picked this answer because altho I buys lost of knitting books on the web,
I have never bought a knitting pattern that "downloads" on the net!!!! so
when I got to question #5 How often do you buy Knitting Pattern Books on
the Net? My answer was I buy about once a month.....BUT I received a
message saying there is a conflict between question #3 and #5!!! It made it
difficult to give an accurate answer. Hopes this helps, Maggie

om...

Old April 29th 04, 12:44 AM

I was a bit confused by the 2 related questions... "what is almost too much
to pay" and "how much should we charge" I really think the cost should be
related to how old and rare the patterns are.

On a side note, I was excited to see one of the patterns in the free
download. the pink, called Beacon Hill, my mother made for me as a child
(mid 50s), but called it a shrug. I will make some for my granddaughters.

Thanks
Bea
om...