Fabric Boxes

Old December 3rd 04, 03:57 AM
SunnyQuilt

Default Fabric Boxes

I just bought Fast, Fun & Easy Fabric Boxes by Linda Johansen. Has anyone made
any of the boxes in this book? Any tips? Was it fun? Easy?

SunnyQuilt
Old December 3rd 04, 04:54 AM
nana2b

Lots of fun, fairly easy. Just remember to stitch as close the timtex as
possible or the box will not be the right size for the top. I love to make
them and put chocolate or fruit candies in them. Always a big hit!!

Linda

Old December 3rd 04, 09:18 AM
Terbear

feel free to send any this way Linda!!!!
hugs,
Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old December 3rd 04, 01:51 PM
GwenO MS

Taking the class next Tuesday (Dec 7) at the LQS... did one on Fabric Bowls and
it was fun and easy. Can't wait to do the box class, because i think it's a
great idea for gift-giving.
Gwen in SE PA
Old December 3rd 04, 02:22 PM
quilter

When you make the lids and you need to zig zag the corners together to form
the lid...use only a narrow zig zag just along the edges where you are
joining them. Don't use a real wide one that is the same width as the satin
stitching already there. If you do the later it makes the lid slightly small
and makes the box distort when you force it on there. It was my first box so
it was a little wonky due to my lid error...but it is still really pretty.
Fun!

If this sounds confusing you'll know what I mean when you do it.

Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old December 3rd 04, 02:35 PM
DQLTS

I took the class two weeks ago tomorrow and at the end of the class
I won the door prize which was the book telling how to make them.
I enjoyed the class and my class sample turned out great. The fabric
I have but the timetex it calls for cost $11 a yard. The teacher said
Wal-Mart sells something similar called pelltex it is $8 a yard.

Diana in "cold" Dallas

Old December 3rd 04, 04:39 PM
Pati Cook

Jo-Ann's also sells the Pelltex and so does Hancocks (chain). It is a
bit lighter weight, but works okay.

Pati, in Phx

Old December 4th 04, 02:35 AM
nana2b

Nice try! LOL, Linda

Old December 4th 04, 02:36 AM
nana2b

I am right with you there Melissa. That was my experience with the first
one too.

Linda

Fabric Boxes Nurse Ratched Quilting 9 September 25th 04 02:29 AM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM