Message for animaux

Old February 9th 04, 03:54 AM
Darla

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:35:25 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

NPR - no way - it is firmly slanted left, maybe not as left as the
'national' media, but the slant is there. I prefer other sources.

Cheryl, the "liberal" media is only as liberal as its conservative
corporate owners will allow.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old February 9th 04, 04:04 AM
Darla

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:31:00 -0600, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

Try sustaining yourself on a 60 x 140 foot lot (or
thereabouts). That's no different than a metropolitan area . . . just
lots smaller.

I'd love to see a metropolitan lot that big! Although I'd hate to see
the price tag on it.
Old February 9th 04, 05:08 AM
Darla

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:19:19 -0600, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

Dukkum wrote:

Wouldn't you at least think some sort of thank you would be in order. Does she
think gifts are her due for giving birth?

Far too much of the time, these days, thank yous are not part of the
equation, unfortunately. And yes, many have the attitude that "gifts
are due".

Sad, isn't it? I embroidered a Schwalm piece for our neighbor's wedding
awhile ago. Placed it on a large Framecraft porcelain jar. I got a
thank you. It said: "Thank you for the gift."

We see them fairly often. Not one word about it. Probably stuck in the
back of a closet somewhere. That's ok. But the "thank you" left a
lot to be desired. g

Dianne

My great niece recently emailed a thank you for their wedding gift, a
Stoney Creek sampler I'd stitched for them. This was an *extra* thank
you, when she emailed me to tell me about the mom of her piano
students having seen it and commented favorably upon it. I'm
convinced I'm very fortunate in at least some of my relatives and
friends (a friend has thanked me more than once for the birth sampler
I stitched for her miracle baby).

That said, there are a great many others I would never consider giving
a stitched gift to!
Old February 9th 04, 11:51 AM
Caryn

Try sustaining yourself on a 60 x 140 foot lot (or
thereabouts). That's no different than a metropolitan area . . . just
lots smaller.

I'd love to see a metropolitan lot that big! Although I'd hate to see
the price tag on it.

While house hunting before our move here, we looked at 14 houses in two days.
DH's job was moving us, and their policy was to pay for ONE house hunting trip
only, so we made the most of that one trip.

Anyway, we looked at a couple houses on .09 acres. I don't know what that
added up to in terms of squarefootage, but the yards are tiny.

I did see several of houses in these neighborhoods with container gardens on
their porches and decks tho. One of the houses we were shown had two of those
greenhouse type windows in the kitchen, which the current owner had full of
herbs and tomato plants.

Yes, it would be difficult to "sustain" yourself on that, but it did supplement
their diet.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)