Finished Bonnie Hunter quilt

Old December 18th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Default Finished Bonnie Hunter quilt

Last April I took a class from Bonnie Hunter using her Boxy Star pattern.
It was supposed to be scrappy, but I had to have a little control! I just
finished it in time to give my 3 year old grandson for Christmas. You can
see it on page 10 of my Webshots. If you go to Bonnie's website, you can
see it in other color ways. Sometimes you see the stars, and sometimes you
see the boxes. I kind of got carried away with the border.....it was almost
as much work as the quilt.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old December 18th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

WOWWWWW!!!! That border was worth the extra effort, I think. It really
frames the quilt in the best possible way. I see stars in some blocks and
boxes in others- depends on the contrast in the fabrics.

WAY cool!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 18th 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ellen[_3_]

Very nice! Lucky grandson!

Ellen L

Old December 19th 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I love it! Great job!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old December 19th 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Isn't it just really something how you can take a very nice quilt, add a
stunning border and move it to spectacular? I very seldom take the time to
border a crib quilt but am always tickled with the special framing they do.
( Learned that when some of my beginner paintings went from 'okay' to much
better with just the right frame.) How in the world can that grandbaby son
be three? When did that happen? Polly

"Louise in Iowa" nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote in message
I love it! Great job!

Old December 19th 10, 08:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Great quilt Alice. I really like it. If the border took some extra
work, it was entirely worth it. Your grandson will be thrilled (and in
years to come, too, as it is not in the least 'girly'!)
..
In message , Alice in PA
writes
Last April I took a class from Bonnie Hunter using her Boxy Star
pattern. It was supposed to be scrappy, but I had to have a little
control! I just finished it in time to give my 3 year old grandson for
Christmas. You can see it on page 10 of my Webshots. If you go to
Bonnie's website, you can see it in other color ways. Sometimes you
see the stars, and sometimes you see the boxes. I kind of got carried
away with the border.....it was almost as much work as the quilt.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 19th 10, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Magnificent! the border is perfect for it, worth every bit of extra
work.
Roberta in D

Old December 19th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

wrote:

Last April I took a class from Bonnie Hunter using her Boxy Star pattern.
It was supposed to be scrappy, but I had to have a little control! I just
finished it in time to give my 3 year old grandson for Christmas. You can
see it on page 10 of my Webshots. If you go to Bonnie's website, you can
see it in other color ways. Sometimes you see the stars, and sometimes you
see the boxes. I kind of got carried away with the border.....it was almost
as much work as the quilt.

What a lucky boy. The quilt is beautiful, and the colors wonderful.

-Irene
Old December 19th 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Oh my. That is wonderful. The border does make it. imho. very well done to
you.
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11