Who took 'em?!!

Old December 16th 10, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Default Who took 'em?!!

One of the mysteries to be solved: not in the sewing room and the
always elusive notion that seems to disappear moments before it is
needed - this happened day before yesterday - one minute, it was in my
hand and then I elected to screw in some extra hooks in my shelving
supports - when I turned around, where did it go? I did find it
eventually and then I put it back into storage until the next time.

Yesterday, I began the annual Christmas baking days: I made several
jars of lemon curd; then I mixed up the date&walnut loaves = 3 regular
loaves and 12 mini loaves (for gifting)....I admit that I nibbled the
end off one of the mini loaves which left me with 11 for wrapping in
foil for the freezer. I cut off 11 pieces of foil and began the
wrapping, placed the minis to one side - left the kitchen for a
nanosecond - returned to pack 11 mini loaves in a storage bag to find
only *6* wrapped loaves and 1 nibbled one ......SO - WHO came into my
kitchen last night and carried away 5 foil-wrapped date&walnut
loaves?? They are still missing this morning ..... the cats had
nothing to do with it - no molasses in the recipe ,otherwise I would
check them for crumbs. jennellh
Old December 16th 10, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

So where did you find the notion? I searched for my small scissors yesterday for about two hours. Once I left
my studio and rejoined the family, I found them in the pocket of my sweatpants!

Did you check the cupboard where you keep the foil? I've done that before - put away the foil AND what I was
wrapping!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old December 16th 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 06:47:00 -0600, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote
(in article
):

[...]

It wasn't me. I promise!

Elves?

Maureen

Old December 16th 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA[_2_]

Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:

..SO - WHO came into my
kitchen last night and carried away 5 foil-wrapped date&walnut
loaves?? They are still missing this morning ..... the cats had
nothing to do with it - no molasses in the recipe ,otherwise I would
check them for crumbs. jennellh

Did you maybe get ahead of yourself and actually put them in the
freezer? This IS quite a mystery.

Rita
--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old December 16th 10, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

I'd been looking for a point marker tool and I found it exactly where
it has always been kept except that it had been shuffled with a
freebie point trimmer template. The foil was placed on the back ledge
of the stovetop but no mini loaves! Everything was out in plain view
on the stovetop so what happened in that nanosecond remains a
mystery. jennellh

nieland1390@mchsi dot comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa

[...]

check them for crumbs. *jennellh- Hide quoted text -

Old December 16th 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Elves or goblins left over from the hallowe'en? Not even a crumb left
behind or trail to the location of the missing items....jennellh

On Dec 16, 8:47*am, Maureen Wozniak wrote:
[...]

It wasn't me. *I promise!

Elves?

Maureen- Hide quoted text -

Old December 16th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

well, it wasn't me but if I was closer it could have been me. try looking
for a later middle aged woman that looks like she doesn't need any more
calories.
I hope they show up soon!
Taria

Old December 16th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

My freezer is jammed so I had a job to find places for the 4 minis
that won't be given until closer to Christmas. My nibbled one was
still in the fridge this am and then there were two more that I
wrapped for some friends of my sister's.....still missing 5.....I
asked my bro/law if he'd snuck over last night since these are a
favourite of his but he wouldn't have come without telling my sister
first - they are both still laughing at the thought that I have
'finally' lost my mind as well as my loaves. jennellh

Old December 16th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

I'll keep you in mind!.....I just hope that they don't stay missing
until they are wizzened with age!!!!!!! jennellh

Old December 16th 10, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'll bet you're right, Rita. They just could be in the freezer. And why on
earth would Jenn suspect those precious QIs? Polly