Happy Dance

Old October 24th 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

Default Happy Dance

Yesterday (nothing like being in good time!) I finished my first quilt
in ages.
It was a baby quilt for the 3rd child of some very good friends of
mine from college. The baby was Christened today (good job I got it
finished yesterday, then).
Well, the parents were so overjoyed at this "their" 3rd quilt (with
some repeat kiddie fabrics in there) that I got emotional over it. Too
funny, really. I know they use the quilts, they are always out (and
they say it isn't just when I'm coming to visit). In fact Mum told me
today that they'd been having problems with the older two (6 and 3),
because they wanted to use both for making caves and what not, and the
parents wanted to have one for under the baby. Well, not he has his
own :-)

Once I dig my camera out, I'll post the pic somewhere.

Hanne in DK
Old October 25th 10, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

My first Picasa attempt, I hope it works?

http://picasaweb.google.com/10097258...63265402292194

Hanne in DK

Old October 25th 10, 08:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

All I can say is, lucky baby!

It's a beautiful quilt and just so usable. Babe won't be embarrassed
to use that to go to Uni with, when the time comes. Provided, of
course, that he hasn't left it in the Himalayas!

=D

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old October 25th 10, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

what a perfect baby quilt! Love the bright colors.
Roberta in D

Old October 25th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On Oct 24, 10:34 pm, wrote:
Yesterday (nothing like being in good time!) I finished my first quilt
in ages.
It was a baby quilt for the 3rd child of some very good friends of
mine from college. The baby was Christened today (good job I got it
finished yesterday, then)

That is great fun Hanne, I'm sure parents and baby will love it.

Lizzy
Old October 25th 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

What a happy quilt! And the added bonus is that you know it will be loved and used. Wonderful!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old October 25th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

That's dandy!

Please give it a little description (or a name) so we know what
we're seeing; and please add more, soon! ;-D

Cheers!
R/Sandy

On 10/25/10 1:16 AM, in article
, "Hanne"
wrote:

My first Picasa attempt, I hope it works?

http://picasaweb.google.com/10097258...31863265402292
194

Hanne in DK

Old October 25th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

Good point, I was in a hurry to just upload the pic, didn't look to do
anything else. But now I know that it works (and is viewable publicly)
I will go back and add some details.

Thanks!
Hanne in DK

wrote:
My first Picasa attempt, I hope it works?

http://picasaweb.google.com/10097258...sIMade#5531863...
194

Hanne in DK

Old October 25th 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I made a quilt for a friend's grandchild, and included a card with 'the'
poem on it (Its OK if you sit on your quilt'). However, they framed it
(the quilt not the card). Very flattering, but I could have cried when
my friend told me - I had made the quilt for the baby and felt it had
been hijacked by the parents. It was definitely not an heirloom quilt,
just picture squares and 9 patches all from stash, and ditch and Xs for
quilting.

It almost put me off making any more baby quilts, so I am so pleased,
Hanne, that the same hasn't happened to your gift.

I do have three baby quilts on the go at the moment though - a November
due date, a rather late one for an July baby (I didn't find out about
the baby until it was born, and then was ill for the whole of August so
decided to turn it into a toddler quilt), and have just started another
for a cousin's first grandchild due in February. Its no wonder the UFOs
remain UFOs!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 25/10/2010 00:06, Sandy wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

[...]

What great timing, Hanne! And how wonderful that they actually *use* the
quilts and enjoy them.