Grandbaby #33

Old May 13th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

Default Grandbaby #33

Arrived by C section this morning May 13 at 6:18 MST.

Details as I heard them this morning at 7:00.
Girl
6 lbs
Possible name: Annabelle

My DS sounded almost like he was shell shocked. I talked to them last night
about 10:30 and we were betting on possible delivery dates. Her ultrasound
date was the 14th, I was betting on the 22nd, my son was betting on the
25th. Boy did she surprise us!

Water broke at 1:00 - headed for hospital, hospital did a check and sent her
home saying "see you in a few days"
Went back to hospital about 4:30, they called in the doc. Apparently baby
was breach and doc did fast C section. DS said spinal didn't work so they
knocked her right out. When he called me, Mom wasn't awake yet and didn't
know anything about baby yet.

This is my youngest son, and their first baby. They are 6 hours away! Now I
have to decide on the best time to go see my new granddaughter!
There is something so special about seeing them when they are first born.
Kind of like a bonding time.

Hoping to talk to DS again later today. Want to head out there tomorrow, but
don't want to add more stress for them, and don't want to share my limited
time with all the Mom's family who live close by.

I hate being so far from my kids sometimes!

Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

Old May 13th 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Congratulations Marigold. A sweet little baby girl.
I aggree it is a pity when we are not near to our choldren and GC. mine are
5-6 hours away. enjoy her ,as you know in the blink of an eye!
--
Estelle UK

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old May 13th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dbeitzell

Congrats Marilyn! Am I reading the subject right that this is number
33 in the line of grandchildren for you? That is truly amazing! I
would require a cheat sheet for names and birthdates!

I hope mom and baby are doing well and get to head for home soon!

Dannielle
Old May 13th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

Great name!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Old May 13th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

On May 13, 12:17*pm, dbeitzell wrote:
Congrats Marilyn! *Am I reading the subject right that this is number
33 in the line of grandchildren for you? *That is truly amazing! *I
would require a cheat sheet for names and birthdates!

I hope mom and baby are doing well and get to head for home soon!

Dannielle

LOL I need a cheat sheet for birthdays and I only have 7 soon to be 9
to worry about.
Old May 14th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

Thanks Dannielle
Yep - you got it. 33. That's what happens when you get married 3 times. And
the 3rd DH has been married twice before. We both inherited? kids (step
kids) along the way. When we got together he had 7 and I had 9. We do not
have nor do we plan to have more!
These grandbabies are also blended families. Several of our children have
married a partner that already had children. One of the grandchildren lives
with our X - DIL. We get along with her great and she now has another little
one. Well, we can't go there as grama and grampa to one and not the other!
So, you see how it goes - now there are 33!

Biologically, this new baby Annabelle is #4 for me.

Old May 14th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

Thanks Estelle
Think I'll drive out on Friday
Old May 14th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

Yeah, I use a list at Christmas so I don't forget anyone. Birthdays all go
on the calendar. I was laughing the other day cause we are running out of
weeks! 33 grands + 16 kids = 49 not to mention the kids-in-law. Birthdays
are already doubled up on days.
Pretty crazy just the number of phone calls that come in. I've talked to 5
of the kids already today!

Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

Old May 14th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

My middle name is Anna

Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

OT - new grandbaby Julia in MN Quilting 10 September 9th 06 04:06 AM
OT - Another grandbaby! marigold Quilting 13 March 14th 06 04:31 AM
OT - new grandbaby marigold Quilting 12 March 14th 06 04:29 AM
OT - Grandbaby pic marigold Quilting 7 March 13th 06 05:06 PM
OT - Grandbaby No. 4 Mika Quilting 19 February 3rd 06 03:34 PM