Pillowcase fun

Old November 19th 10, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default Pillowcase fun

I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

http://www.peek.org/marcella/2010/11...illowcase.html

I'm giving mine to my family on Christmas Eve (we have enough pajamas to
last us at this point!) They were really fast and easy if you haven't
tried them before.

marcella
Old November 19th 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thanks, your photos help. Recently the novelty fabrics bin needed
clearing so the lid would close. Twenty pillowcase main body pieces
were cut before the lid would fit properly. Someday this winter the
hem and accent pieces will have to be found and then with your
direction I will be able to make twenty charity pillowcases in short
order.

Susan

Old November 19th 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

That's just what I needed! Thank you so much - the instructions were great (I printed off the pdf). I might
have read the blog too quickly, but I didn't see where you said to press the accent flange in half. That was
on the pdf printout though, so then everything fell into place for me. Thank you!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old November 19th 10, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Thankyou Marcella. I have just printed your instructions and it looks so
easy. Will give it a try!

-- http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old November 19th 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

And more pillowcase fun: Michael Miller's glow in the dark fabric makes a
terrific gift for a little fellow, specially one who's going through the
'afraid of the dark' phase. If you love someone who is doing chemo, a
pillowcase made of Minkee is very gentle for a hurting head. Polly

Old November 20th 10, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

thanks! I could do that! But don't you need to fold the accent flange
so both raw edges are in the 1st seam?
Roberta in D

Old November 20th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA[_2_]

Marcella Peek wrote:
I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

http://www.peek.org/marcella/2010/11...illowcase.html

I'm giving mine to my family on Christmas Eve (we have enough pajamas to
last us at this point!) They were really fast and easy if you haven't
tried them before.

marcella

Thank you Marcella! I am going to make a couple of these to "wrap"
Christmas gifts for my nephews in.

Rita - trying to be "green".

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old November 20th 10, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Yes. Thanks for pointing that out. It was in the printed directions
but not on the blog. It's been corrected now.

marcella

Old November 20th 10, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote:

That's just what I needed! Thank you so much - the instructions were great (I
printed off the pdf). I might
have read the blog too quickly, but I didn't see where you said to press the
accent flange in half. That was
on the pdf printout though, so then everything fell into place for me. Thank
you!

Thanks! I've corrected the error. Glad it all worked for you.

marcella