2009 - A Year of Transition

Old May 8th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default 2009 - A Year of Transition

Here's a picture of one I did several years ago. Done in rows
alternating with plain triangles, but that part was on the machine.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53917676qTlWsj

Don't know yet how I'll set this new one, but all the triangle blocks
are the same as before, with 16 patches.
Roberta in D

On Thu, 7 May 2009 13:47:06 -0700 (PDT), dbeitzell
wrote:

On May 6, 11:25*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
You're an inspiration!
I have a 1000 Pyramids going too, hand project for the very same
reasons :-) Pretty much caught up on quilting tops, but there are
always more coming along. Nearly done with the BOM from the Nancy
Rinks websitehttp://www.nancyrinkdesigns.com/free.html(thanks to the
person who sent that link) -it just needs a border, and I don't like
the one in the photo.
And there's a split 9-patch ongoing, my leaders and enders project du
jour.
Apart from that, I'm knitting a lot.
Roberta in D

How are you assembling your 1000 Pyramids? I've been putting mine
into larger triangles, groups of 4, and am going to wait until they
are all into that configuration before I try to assemble them
further. I have seen some who put them together in rows, but I didn't
think that was so portable for the way I work.

Love the BOM link you sent! I can't wait to see what yours looks
like!

Dannielle

Old May 10th 09, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dbeitzell

Wow! That's pretty! I hadn't even gotten that far in my brain! I am
just sewing four little triangles together in a bigger triangle at
the moment! I guess I have a lot to figure out when I get them all
done. That should be about 2100AD or so! :-)

Dannielle

Old May 11th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Roberta:
I like that Gazillion Triangles quilt. It would be a good take along
project, possibly using English Paper Piecing method. When the pieced
triangles are assembled into large units, one could go to the SM for joining
all the big triangles. Cool.
PAT in VA/USA

Old May 11th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default 1,000 Triangles patterns 2009 - A Year of Transition

Dannielle:
Here is how I did a very small 1,000 triangles pattern. I grouped four
triangles into units of three dark and one light, and into three light and
one dark. The contrast value was in the center. Finally, the units were
joined into rows so all the dark triangles pointed up and the light pointed
down. This is actually the back of a certain wall hanging, so contains way
less than 1,000 triangles! I would like to play with this pattern again.
There are so many possibilities. I like how Roberta alternated the pieced
units with plain black. That really set off the fantastic scrappy look. Of
course I'd expect no less from the Queen of the Scrap Basket!
PAT in VA/USA

Old May 11th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Pat, photo please?
Roberta in D

Old May 11th 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

If I had to baste all those bits over paper before stitching, they
never would get done. My quarter-inch seam is pretty accurate after
doing a gazillion of them, so I just stitch American-style. Takes
15-20 minutes to do a whole block. The 16-patch triangle blocks come
out about 4.5" tall, with no outer seam allowance folded over paper,
so they are ready to hit the machine. I made myself a little template
for cutting the patches, and have it handy whenever I generate
suitable scraps.
Roberta in D

On Mon, 11 May 2009 08:50:16 -0400, "Pat in Virginia"
wrote:

Roberta:
I like that Gazillion Triangles quilt. It would be a good take along
project, possibly using English Paper Piecing method. When the pieced
triangles are assembled into large units, one could go to the SM for joining
all the big triangles. Cool.
PAT in VA/USA

.. .

Old May 11th 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

You took the words out of my mouth Roberta. ;-) Oh, and I loved your
1000 pyramids! Beautiful quilt. Now I've got another to add to my
"sometime" list.

Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

"dbeitzell" wrote in message
Wow! That's pretty! I hadn't even gotten that far in my brain! I am
just sewing four little triangles together in a bigger triangle at
the moment! I guess I have a lot to figure out when I get them all
done. That should be about 2100AD or so! :-)

Dannielle

On May 8, 9:11 am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Here's a picture of one I did several years ago. Done in rows
alternating with plain triangles, but that part was on the machine.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53917676qTlWsj

Don't know yet how I'll set this new one, but all the triangle blocks
are the same as before, with 16 patches.
Roberta in D

First Two Done in 2009 (?) joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 19 January 18th 09 08:03 PM
2009 Goals lewmew Needlework 41 January 12th 09 11:47 PM
Happy New 2009 to all [email protected] Yarn 11 January 5th 09 08:14 PM
Get It Done in 2009!!! Kate G.[_3_] Quilting 0 January 4th 09 05:25 PM
Happy New 2009 to all [email protected] Needlework 4 January 1st 09 07:07 PM