Knitting Graphics

Old December 28th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Knitting Graphics

Greetings I mostly lurk and enjoy all the posts here and have picked up
some great tips from all the regs. I have a knitting blog using wordpress
and have been searching for graphics of kintting...like yarn or fabric and
have had no luck. As a last resort I can make a pile of some of my own yarn
and adapt the picture for the wordpress header but that is too much like
work ;-) so if any here can point me to some sites for free graphics with a
knitting theme I would be very happy.

Thanks
Donna

Old December 28th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

"DAB" wrote in message
Greetings I mostly lurk and enjoy all the posts here and have picked up
some great tips from all the regs. I have a knitting blog using wordpress
and have been searching for graphics of kintting...like yarn or fabric and
have had no luck. As a last resort I can make a pile of some of my own
yarn and adapt the picture for the wordpress header but that is too much
like work ;-) so if any here can point me to some sites for free graphics
with a knitting theme I would be very happy.

Thanks
Donna

There are some free blog sets here
http://www.geocities.com/jbtocker/graphics/index.html
DA

Old December 28th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

DA wrote:
"DAB" wrote in message
Greetings I mostly lurk and enjoy all the posts here and have picked
up some great tips from all the regs. I have a knitting blog using
wordpress and have been searching for graphics of kintting...like
yarn or fabric and have had no luck. As a last resort I can make a
pile of some of my own yarn and adapt the picture for the wordpress
header but that is too much like work ;-) so if any here can point
me to some sites for free graphics with a knitting theme I would be
very happy. Thanks
Donna

There are some free blog sets here
http://www.geocities.com/jbtocker/graphics/index.html
DA

Thanks DA, I found that on my search and didn't see any that jumped out at
me....but I appreciate your post :-)

Old December 29th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

DAB wrote:
so if any here can point me to some sites for free graphics with a
knitting theme I would be very happy.

Hi Donna,

How about some nice old images (those so old they are out of
copyright)? Try the Knitting chapter in Beeton's Book of Needlework
(http://www.antiquepatterns.dreamhost...ework1-184.pdf)
or some of the images from the documents found at the Antique Pattern
Library (http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/knittingpubs.htm).

Take an old image and wack it through Photoshop and you could come up
with something pretty wacky if you fancy a more modern looking
representation.

Vintage Purls
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

Old December 29th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Vintage Purls wrote:
DAB wrote:
so if any here can point me to some sites for free graphics with a
knitting theme I would be very happy.

Hi Donna,

How about some nice old images (those so old they are out of
copyright)? Try the Knitting chapter in Beeton's Book of Needlework
(http://www.antiquepatterns.dreamhost...ework1-184.pdf)
or some of the images from the documents found at the Antique Pattern
Library (http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/knittingpubs.htm).

Take an old image and wack it through Photoshop and you could come up
with something pretty wacky if you fancy a more modern looking
representation.

Vintage Purls
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

Wow what a great source of info.....I love the crochet patterns......I have
a dial up and it was worth the wait!

Thanks VP

Donna

Knitting speed ?? Yarn 40 August 22nd 06 09:50 PM
Marching towards fine knitting Yarn 3 July 11th 06 04:34 AM
Help with old english knitting directions Rach *in NZ* Yarn 55 April 17th 06 05:23 AM
great knitting magazines Els van Dam Yarn 5 April 26th 05 01:00 AM
My Book Report for Cactus Needles Knitting Guild!!! Slick Hippy chick Yarn 2 November 21st 03 09:23 PM