Butterfly Quilt finished!

Old May 9th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Butterfly Quilt finished!

So pretty! You'll never lack for sunshine. Is it for the bed?
Roberta in D

"Katinka in Germany" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
Just finished my latest quilt last night: My Butterfly Quilt!

If you're interested, please go see:
http://hometown.aol.de/rklatrille/homepage/basteln.html

Can you tell by the colours that spring is here again?! ;-)
And did I ever tell you I love bright colours ... ?

:-D
Katinka in Germany.

Old May 9th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Re. butterflies and morning glorys question
Yes, Myrl, the butterflies were on a piece of fabric I had, and I got
the morning glories and the narcissus (spelling of the plural??) from a
co-worker, who also does patchwork.
Re. books
I started years ago with German books on how to sew and how to do
patchwork, so I cannot really give a recommendation for you. The others
will known and tell you, however, certainly!
Katinka in Germany.

Old May 9th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Roberta! No, it won't work for the bed, because it is not quite long
enough, and too squarish. But it will be good for a cuddle-quilt on the
sofa once the colder season will return (which I will absolutely not
think about right now! :-) ).

And thanks a lot to everybody here for their kind words and
compliments!!!

Katinka in Germany.

Old May 10th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Katinka:
I picked up one of the books suggested by Patti and Sharon this morning
(Quilter's Complete Guide). It appears to be a very helpful book - one
which is loaded with ideas.

I joined a little Knit and Crochet group at a Senior Center a few
months back, and took the book with me @ today's meeting.

Several women were looking over my shoulder as I was going through it.

I really loved the part about the applique quilting. I'm thinking of
starting a small project first - just to get my feet wet. . .Perhaps a
little jacket with applique on it. I want to satisfy myself that I can
do this.

Is there a website you guys can recommend that has downloadable
applique patterns or designs?

It seems like such a wonderful and relaxing passtime.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Old May 10th 06, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What a lot of the appliquérs on here recommend, Myrl, is colouring books
for children for patterns - simpler shapes than most drawings.
We had an appliqué design (as well as a pieced design) set last year for
the RCTQ Block of the Month adventure. If you used Google 'groups' to
get to RCTQ archives (though I think they like the full name:
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting), you will find the posts with RCTQ BOM
header. Look for one on the first of a month last year from Melissa in
NJ and you will find the links for the patterns. If you start in
February or March, the patterns will be less complicated - they progress
through the year.
I am sure others will come up with appliqué pattern sites. I'm not the
best!! for links.
..
In message .com,
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 10th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

wrote:
Is there a website you guys can recommend that has downloadable
applique patterns or designs?

Also take a look at quilterscache.com, or specifically,
http://quilterscache.com/S_U/SimpleAppliqueShapes.html
http://quilterscache.com/AlphabetizedListPageA_F.html (the red pins
mean applique)

Enjoy!
Lynn

Haunted Christmas Quilt Nbhilyard Quilting 2 June 18th 11 05:04 PM
BOM Search Sewbaby Quilting 4 April 21st 06 07:00 PM
DECEMBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 83 December 16th 05 03:03 AM
One block, two RCB'ers Lisa Caryl Quilting 23 May 25th 05 04:25 AM
Story of a Hug Quilt Christina In Ok Quilting 17 November 11th 04 09:41 PM