Need name of yarn

Old April 7th 04, 04:25 AM
Linda

Default Need name of yarn

Hi

I am looking for the name of a Sirdar yarn... it was a hairy yarn and
supposedly they have discontinued making it. It looked like an short
eyelash yarn. This lady made a darling baby (cardigan) sweater and mixed
it with Cascade, Cherub Collection (DK) I saw the sweater and am guessing
that the yarn must be very lightweight..The lady
couldn't remember what that hairy yarn's name was. I am hoping someone has
used this eyelash/hairy type yarn and knows the name so I can write
different
yarn shops to see if they still carry some. She mentioned Cloud, but that
might have been the name of the Cherub mint green color.

Any help would be wonderful. She loved the yarn bec/ it was the only
eyelashy type yarn that was both machine washable and machine dryable!! Why
they discontinued it is beyond me!!!

Thanks, Linda

Old April 7th 04, 05:14 AM
Slinky

Google is your friend.

http://www.yarnmarket.com/product.cf...ist&cat_id=457

Old April 8th 04, 02:01 AM
Linda

Thanks for all your input...one of the yarns is sirdar--Cascade, Cherub
Collection....the other yarn that was used to make this baby sweater has
been discontinued. :-( It is by Hayfield and called Shimmer yarn. I guess
Hayfield has gone out of business??

Does anyone have any Shimmer still in their yarn shops?? Let me know if
they do and what colors they have.

Thank you again for all your advice....1 yarn to go!

Linda

Old April 8th 04, 02:08 AM
Sorceress

Linda opined thusly:

Thanks for all your input...one of the yarns is sirdar--Cascade, Cherub
Collection....the other yarn that was used to make this baby sweater has
been discontinued. :-( It is by Hayfield and called Shimmer yarn. I guess
Hayfield has gone out of business??

Does anyone have any Shimmer still in their yarn shops?? Let me know if
they do and what colors they have.

Thank you again for all your advice....1 yarn to go!

Linda

Is a washable eyelash of a different brand acceptable to you?

--
Regards
--Anne

Blogging to be found at
http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/musings.html

Remove DIESPAMBOTDIE to e-mail
Old April 8th 04, 02:26 AM
Janise Ross

Linda,
I tried to do an online search for you, but did not come up with any
Shimmer yarn by Hayfield right now. I did notice, however, that an Ebay
sale of Shimmer just recently ended. So, I am going to suggest to you that
you watch those Ebay sales daily.

Janise

Old April 8th 04, 06:03 AM
Linda

What brand? All mine aren't washable and dryable...Thanks, Linda

"Sorceress" wrote in message
m...
Linda opined thusly:

Old April 8th 04, 01:08 PM
Yarn Forward

Janise Ross wrote:
(snip)

I guess Hayfield has gone out of business??

They were taken over by Sirdar - some of their lines are still in production.

Roger.

Does anyone have any Shimmer still in their yarn shops??

Yes, but it is not by Hayfield.
http://www.yarnforward.com/shimmer.html
Probably not the same.

Roger.

--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store

Old April 8th 04, 06:05 PM
Linda

Thanks Roger...I checked it out and it isn't the same yarn. But thanks
anyway. Linda

"Yarn Forward" wrote in message
news
(snip)

Using Homespun question Denise Yarn 8 January 8th 04 03:09 PM
My yarn addiction Elsa Yarn 24 December 17th 03 04:30 AM
Yarn Forward Yarn Forward Yarn 2 November 30th 03 08:52 PM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 02:19 AM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM