Printing on cotton

Old August 27th 03, 03:53 PM
Janner

Default Printing on cotton

I'm sure that I asked this 'ages' ago, but I can't remember what the outcome
was. I want to print a picture off my PC on to plain cotton sheeting to
quilt. Is there a product that I can get to do this, or do I need a special
lotion or printer cartridge or fabric.......

Our quilting group is planning an exhibition next year with lots of schemes,
I want to do elements, so naturally I want to quilt a periodic table (all
the elements!) for it! My twisted view on life...

Any advice, I can't afford much time or money fussing around on this
project, it's just a fun piece!
--
Janner

"Quite often lately I have the feeling I don't know what's going on..." ---
Snoopy!

"You have to have a Dream!"

---

Old August 27th 03, 04:18 PM
Kathy in CA

You can buy fabric sheets to use in your ink jet printer. I bounght mine at
Walmart in the notions area but fabric stores probably carry them too.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old August 27th 03, 04:22 PM
Charlie

You can get a product called "Image Maker" that you paint onto a photocopied
image which you then iron onto the fabric. It's easier than messing around
with possibly damaging your printer!

Charlie.

Old August 27th 03, 05:23 PM
Charlie

I bought it from my local art shop. A good art shop should sell it! It
cost me about £3.

Charlie.

Old August 27th 03, 05:35 PM
Julia in MN

That sounds like an interesting product. Can it be used with images from
an ink jet printer, or do the images have to be photocopies?

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old August 27th 03, 08:40 PM
Charlie

I'm not sure. I've always used them photocopied as I used to just do it at
school for free. I've always prefered this method as theres no chance of it
ruining my printer!

Charlie.

Old August 27th 03, 09:15 PM
Bonnie

Charlie wrote:
I'm not sure. I've always used them photocopied as I used to just do it at
school for free. I've always prefered this method as theres no chance of it
ruining my printer!

Charlie.

My printer is the HP Photo Smart P1000. I did trim the
fabric w/freezer paper attached to the size of printer
paper. You must make sure there are no strings hanging.
Bonnie
NJ

Old August 27th 03, 10:56 PM
Sherry Starr

I have ironed freezer paper to the back of my fabric, cut it the size of
printer paper, trimmed all threads, and printed it like that. I have a HP
Office Color printer, and have never had any trouble doing it like that. I
have also bought the fabric sheets, and used them in the printer.
Sherry Starr
"Janner" wrote in message
[...]

Clothing label printing Dale Rollands Marketplace 0 December 29th 04 03:25 PM
Clothing label printing Dale Rollands Marketplace 0 December 29th 04 03:24 PM
Pad printing on to glass ........? David K Glass 2 September 8th 04 09:08 AM
Large Format Printing Kima Marketplace 0 November 25th 03 09:51 PM
Superfine fabrics for men's shirting - 100% Egyptian Cotton and 100% Sea-Island Cotton quantum vision Marketplace 0 September 5th 03 08:05 AM