Pearls

Old July 11th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Default I LOVE PEARLS!!

Thank you kindly, Valerie. It took a lot of time, but it was worth it.
)))))) Now I want one for MEMEMEME. lol

I started another one, but I'm not happy with it. I tried doing one end
with larger champagne pearls blending into smaller champagne colored pearls
at the other end, but it doesn't look right. So I guess I'll be ribbeting
on that one for awhile.

--
hugs,
Linda

"Valerie" wrote in message
: Whoa Linda, that bracelet is killer!! To die for!
:
: --
: Valerie
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: http://www.valeriebeads.com
: http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
:
: I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
: -Michelangelo Buonarroti
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi, Sterling. You made me get up off my butt and upload the
: pictures
: of the wedding jewelry I made for my birthdaughter. You can see the
: headband, necklace and 2 bracelets he
: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx (I forgot to take pics of the
: earrings)
:
: The Kate McKinnon Thai Silver and Pearl (it's the carpet of beads)
: bracelet
: was made extra wide to cover a tattoo she had on her wrist, so it's
almost
: 2.5 inches wide and the finished product weighed almost 6 ounces! Whole
: lotta pearls, and love, went into that bracelet! I hope you enjoy
: looking
: at the wedding jewelry... as much as I did making it.
:
: --
: hugs,
: Linda
: Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
:
:
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
: : the headband you described sounds amazing. You have any pictures of
it?
: :
: : Pearl knotting is just not my thing. I tried it a year or so ago... I
: was
: : making a pearl necklace for my mom for xmas and I tried, really I did.
: But,
: : I just couldn't get the hang of it. I guess I should break down and
buy
: : that pearl knotter gizmo thingamabobbi and see if that helps.
: : I ended up stringing that pearl necklace for my mom onto jewelers
wire,
: : added a few 14k gold stardust beads and she loved it. She's a gold
: gurl,
: so
: : anything I do for her I have to use 14k.
: :
: :
: : Sterling
: :
: :
: : "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: : . ..
: : I found a lovely strand of 10mm white pearls, but I simply wirewrapped
: them
: : with 28 gauge SS wire into a simple headband for my daughter's
wedding,
: with
: : instructions to her to take it apart and use the pearls afterwards.
: :
: : Just my personal opinion, but I think your pearls would look lovely as
: : simple necklace... then just get one fantastic clasp that you can
: position
: : at the front or at the side when you wear it. And knotting is not
that
: : hard, it just takes patience. Knotting on silk would also
extend
: the
: : length of the strand of pearls to be longer than 16".
: :
: : Whatever you do, be careful of using silver as spacers. When the
silver
: : tarnishes, it will transfer to the surface of the pearl. Have fun
: creating!
: :
: :
: : --
: : hugs,
: : Linda
: : Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
: :
: : "Sterling" wrote in message
: : news : : gently snipped
: :: My last pearl conquest was a 16 inch strand of A++ nearly round 8 mm
: : creamy
: :: white unbleached pearls. Got em at a local bead show last year and
: they
: :: are so gorgeous and perfect that I haven't yet come up with what to
do
: : with
: :: them. They are just too beautiful to use in a simple strand cause
: that's
: :: old school and I am not the best pearl knotter. Any one have any
ideas
: : for
: :: me??
: ::
: :: Sterling
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old July 11th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

I hate it when that happens...but that's also one of the fun parts of
designing too. So it's like a catch 22. lol! Maybe something else will grow
from the mishap.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valeriebeads.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
. ..

"Valerie" wrote in message
: Whoa Linda, that bracelet is killer!! To die for!
:
: --
: Valerie
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: http://www.valeriebeads.com
: http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
:
: I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
: -Michelangelo Buonarroti
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : . ..

Old July 12th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Wonderful pieces! Congrats on your daughter's wedding.

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

"Sterling" wrote in message
[...]
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: . ..
: I found a lovely strand of 10mm white pearls, but I simply wirewrapped
them
: with 28 gauge SS wire into a simple headband for my daughter's wedding,
with
: instructions to her to take it apart and use the pearls afterwards.
:
: Just my personal opinion, but I think your pearls would look lovely as a
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: news : gently snipped
:: My last pearl conquest was a 16 inch strand of A++ nearly round 8 mm
: creamy
:: white unbleached pearls. Got em at a local bead show last year and
they
:: are so gorgeous and perfect that I haven't yet come up with what to do
: with
:: them. They are just too beautiful to use in a simple strand cause
that's
:: old school and I am not the best pearl knotter. Any one have any ideas
: for
:: me??
::
:: Sterling
:
:
:

Old July 12th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling

OH MY GAWD! Absolutely Stunning!

I really like that pfat bracelet. Its right up my alley, and I'd wear it
even though I am already married and not likely to have another wedding.
*lol*

I gotta tell ya that your Tucker looks just like my Cubby. He adopted us
about a year or so ago. Before that, he was basically the cul-de-sac cat.
He belonged to another family in the cul-de-sac, but he knew everybody's
homes inside and out. He'd come in for a bite to eat and wonder around,
then move on to a neighbors house making the rounds!! When his first
family grew up and went to college, the mom didn't want to "deal" with a cat
any more so we took over. Cubby went from our house to a neighbors house
for about 4 weeks before he settled on ours since we don't have kids. (he
does not like kids of any age)
Tucker's marking and Cubby's marking are so similar that they could be from
the same litter.

Sterling

"Sterling" wrote in message
: the headband you described sounds amazing. You have any pictures of it?
:
: Pearl knotting is just not my thing. I tried it a year or so ago... I was
: making a pearl necklace for my mom for xmas and I tried, really I did.
But,
: I just couldn't get the hang of it. I guess I should break down and buy
: that pearl knotter gizmo thingamabobbi and see if that helps.
: I ended up stringing that pearl necklace for my mom onto jewelers wire,
: added a few 14k gold stardust beads and she loved it. She's a gold gurl,
so
: anything I do for her I have to use 14k.
:
:
: Sterling
:
:
: . ..

Old July 15th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Thanks, Karleen. A good time was had by all at the wedding and they are
very still very happy together. She found herself a good man. ))))

--
hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
: Wonderful pieces! Congrats on your daughter's wedding.
:
: --
: Karleen Page
: Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
: Vibrant Jewels web sto http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
: Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
: CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : . ..

Old July 15th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Thank you very much, Sterling! )) Daughter does still wear the
bracelet a lot, so it's not languishing in a box somewhere, thank heaven.
I really love the bracelet too, and had such a great time creating all of
the pieces for her special day.

Loved your description, too.... PFAT. LOL... that's it totally. )))

Cubby sounds too cute... just like Tucker, eh? Is your Cubby a handful??
Tuck sure is... he's constantly runnning around the house madly, meowing
constantly - even more than my siamese cats used to! Tonight he yowled
and climbed the screen when he saw a racoon on our deck... heh... so funny
to see him hanging there on the patio door screen. Good thing my husband
found some 'cat-proof' screen when he replaced it 3 years ago. Tucker
hasn't stopped hanging from that screen since he was a kitten and used to
climb it to the top of the door. I have a pic of him on my Picturetrail
account of his little kitten body hanging there... which is a LOT different
from today, 3 years later. He weighs over 13 pounds now! Pure muscle, too.
His thighs are huge. Prolly from all that mad running around the house.
lol

Headbutts and purrs from my Tuck to your Cub. ))))
--

"Sterling" wrote in message
[...]
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
:: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
:: . ..
[...]
:: --
:: "Sterling" wrote in message
:: news :: gently snipped
::: My last pearl conquest was a 16 inch strand of A++ nearly round 8 mm
:: creamy
::: white unbleached pearls. Got em at a local bead show last year and
they
::: are so gorgeous and perfect that I haven't yet come up with what to do
:: with
::: them. They are just too beautiful to use in a simple strand cause
: that's
::: old school and I am not the best pearl knotter. Any one have any ideas
:: for
::: me??
:::
::: Sterling
::
::
::
:
:
:

Old July 16th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Terrific! I'm so happy for her. In search of "ONE OF THOSE" [GOOD MEN]
myself...

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
"bluemaxx" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks, Karleen. A good time was had by all at the wedding and they are
very still very happy together. She found herself a good man. ))))

--
hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos:
http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
: Wonderful pieces! Congrats on your daughter's wedding.
:
: --
: Karleen Page
: Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
: Vibrant Jewels web sto
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
: Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
: CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:

: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : . ..

Old July 16th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

OK I have astigmatism and sometimes I misread things,,,, I read that "Cubby
is a meow-ful" LOL Kind of put the first two lines together. Sounds kinda
cute though, doesn't it?

What is catproof screen and where do you find it? My cat has slaughtered my
screen door! He thinks the only way he can get fed is climb up and hold on
for dear life! I feed him [at least] twice a day! But he never believes
he'll get the next meal! LOL
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
. ..

"Sterling" wrote in message
[...]
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
:: . ..

Old July 18th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

You'll find one Karleen. You're a fantastic person and anyone who doesn't
see that needs to be knocked upside the head. lol!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valeriebeads.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
nk.net...
Terrific! I'm so happy for her. In search of "ONE OF THOSE" [GOOD MEN]
myself...

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
"bluemaxx" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks, Karleen. A good time was had by all at the wedding and they
are
very still very happy together. She found herself a good man. ))))

--
hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos:
http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
: Wonderful pieces! Congrats on your daughter's wedding.
:
: --
: Karleen Page
: Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
: Vibrant Jewels web sto
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
: Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
: CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:

: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : . ..

Old July 18th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Catproof screen... husband bought it from ACE Hardware and it was
labeled as "Animal Resistant".

"Ace is the place with yer friendly, hardware man." )))

--
[...]

: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: . ..
: Thank you very much, Sterling! )) Daughter does still wear the
: bracelet a lot, so it's not languishing in a box somewhere, thank
heaven.
: I really love the bracelet too, and had such a great time creating all
of
: the pieces for her special day.
:
: Loved your description, too.... PFAT. LOL... that's it totally.
)))
:
[...]
: "Sterling" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]
: : "Sterling" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]
: :: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: :: . ..
[...]
: :: --
: :: "Sterling" wrote in message
: :: news : :: gently snipped
: ::: My last pearl conquest was a 16 inch strand of A++ nearly round 8 mm
: :: creamy
: ::: white unbleached pearls. Got em at a local bead show last year and
: they
: ::: are so gorgeous and perfect that I haven't yet come up with what to
do
: :: with
: ::: them. They are just too beautiful to use in a simple strand cause
: : that's
: ::: old school and I am not the best pearl knotter. Any one have any
: ideas
: :: for
: ::: me??
: :::
: ::: Sterling
: ::
: ::
: ::
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

pearls Claudia Tenold Beads 0 March 28th 06 06:11 PM
AD - Bracelets of pearls, pearls and more pearls bluemaxx Beads 2 January 21st 05 09:58 PM
Need Pearls Empress Beads Beads 0 August 10th 04 01:59 AM
pearls Barbara Otterson Beads 1 March 18th 04 02:22 AM