Pow-Wow bead photos

Old November 7th 04, 09:49 PM
starlia

Default Pow-Wow bead photos

I put them on my web journal to explain about them a little. I only took
one photo of the smaller silver bead but you'll see what I'm talking about.
I started taking photos of the chevron beads and dropped them all over the
floor. I'll be on my hands and knees for days searching for them. I did
get one photo before I gave up.

http://snipurl.com/7oo3

Please let me know what you guys think they are made out of. I'm at a total
loss but I think they are cool.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old November 7th 04, 09:54 PM
Carol in SLC

I'm at a total
loss but I think they are cool.

Those ARE cool!!! I've seen them before, but I can't remember where. I'll see
if I can do a little diggin' if someone else doesn't know.

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/peace.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/elissa.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/oceansprite.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/jarvis.jpg
Old November 7th 04, 09:56 PM
starlia

At least you've seen some before. This was my very first time.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old November 7th 04, 10:52 PM
~Candace~

I know what that is called! omg it's on the tip of my tongue--I used a
large focal, simply made, in that style, in the piece that garnered us the
huge hemp order.......uugghh...um....

Ladhaki! The beads I used were called Ladhaki! A metal core, with a caly
of some sort wrapped around it, and beads and other decorations pushed into
the clay to form the pattern or what have you. Now, I couldn't find
anything on Ladhaki style beads, so if anyone else can, please do let me
know!

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old November 8th 04, 12:33 AM
starlia

Very cool. Do you think they are old? Is the metal with the beads pushed
in also in some sort of clay? I knew you would know. I just knew it.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old November 8th 04, 12:43 AM
~Candace~

I know absolutely nothing about Ladhaki beads, Starlia--only what I could
garner from taking one of mine apart( they weren't high end AT ALL) The
ones I had were a base metal core, with an earthen clay, and metal cabs
pushed into the clay. I'll round up a pic soon, of the bracelet I made and
show you, okay?

"starlia" wrote in message
Very cool. Do you think they are old? Is the metal with the beads pushed
in also in some sort of clay? I knew you would know. I just knew it.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old November 8th 04, 02:27 AM
Kandice Seeber

Those beads are very cool! I have absolutely no idea what they are though.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 9th 04, 01:57 AM
Beadbimbo

Oooooooooooooooooooo! I love those beads!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com