eeeeeek, i won!!!

Old June 22nd 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default eeeeeek, i won!!!

yes this is on topic.
was reading a post to kiwiquilters group on yahoo today.
someone posted about a native wood floor quilting frame on there.
i went to look, as one does and with only 8 mins to closing and i wasnt even
logged in, i bid and won!!!
that was the first time i ever bid on anything there and did it on impulse
really. seemed a good buy so i did it.
it had only one bid of $250 which must of met the reserve so with only 2mins
to the end i put in a bid for $255 and i won!!
omg, have i lost my mind totally?
i have only done a small amount of machine quilting and only hand quilting
was on one small item without a hoop just done in my lap.
this frame is one of those with rachets on the ends for rolling it. it is
95inches long, thats 8ft. eeeeeeeeek.
what will i do with one that size. i cant ever see me making that big a
quilt, oh well.
dh will have a fit as we've little enough room in this whole house/garage
now.
omg omg omg.
eeeeeeeeeeeek
well i suppose if all else fails and i just cant get the hang of using it, i
can always resell it and probly for more than i paid as it really seems
cheap as chips to me.
anyone up for some hand quilting tutoring down in the lovely south pacific?
not til our spring/summer/autumn tho, eh, its too cold here now.
i really do need some one on one help. eeeeeeeeeek.
hmmmmmm, i dont know anyone here well enough to ask either. oh well. i got
you guys if i really get stuck.
wont be til il make something to try out and figure out how to get the quilt
on the frame and working.
do i have to baste it first?
oh dear me.
it was a 21" round hoop on a stand i really wanted. that one closes next
tuesday, maybe i should get that for a backup in case i cant quilt on the
big frame. eeeeeeeeek. i'm insane for sure.
hugz from a weirdo in the south pacific,
jeanne
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
nzlstar on webshots
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
had to type all that in cuz need to fix the siggy thing on here but mind is
rushing too much now,eeeeeee

Old June 22nd 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ooh Jeanne - you lucky duck!!! What a fun new toy! Have a wonderful time
playing....... and keep me posted on your progress.

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

Old June 22nd 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Being as most of my quilts run 88-96 inches wide (96 inches divides up
so easily by 4, 8, or 12), it seems quite a reasonable size to me.

I've never quilted on a frame all by myself, only in company. And
then the frame was one that one of DH's uncles made for the Aunties.
The way it was always done in that circle was the quilt was basted to
within an inch of its life, then rolled onto the frame and we worked
middle to ends. The rails of the frame were padded up and covered
with ticking. The ends of the basted quilt were sewn onto the padded
rails and rolled up.
I imagine you could wrap the rails in a bit of batting and use just
about any inexpensive sturdy fabric.

Now that it is looking more and more like I will have room for a such
a thing, I am officially envious.

NightMist
does make smaller quilts for small people.

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old June 22nd 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, jeanne, that's fabulous!! I remember discussing that when you were
here, and so glad you finally got one. Now....can you remember what I
taught you? Just keep practicing. You know what to do, just do it over and
over again.

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

Old June 22nd 06, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

WOOO HOOO!!

I can remember looking at frames earlier this year or late last year with
you I'm glad you got it - now you will have to make a tip to quilt ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old June 22nd 06, 09:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Naa,I think you did the right thing.I can picture it now with a beautiful
Lime creation draped on it crying quilt
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old June 22nd 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"nzlstar*" wrote:

[...]

Congratulations, Jeanne! I've only quilted on a regular frame (as
opposed to a hoop) twice, and it was fun. Have a wonderful time using
it!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 23rd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Whoo-hoo!!! That's very cool. I have a top or two I could send you for
practice. One even has lots of lime in it. LOL
--
TerriLee in WA (state)