What all do you do craftwise?

Old January 19th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What all do you do craftwise?

"Qintes" skrev i melding
So far I only knit but I plan on learing to crochete eventually too.
I wonder what everyone here is involved in?

Pam

Knitting, Crocheting, weaving ("fabric" and tapestry), different sorts
og embroidering (crosstitch, hardanger, white embroideries with
cutting... don't know what it is in English, coloured embroideries,
"free embroidery"...) felting woolfibres, batikk, and lots of other
things :-)
Not all of it all the time, the last two years, mostly knitting and
crocheting.

AUD ;-))

http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44

Old January 19th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Aud -- I looked at your webshots site again and saw the autumn shawl.
It is beautiful. Now that should brighten up any cold and cloudy day!

Judy

Old January 19th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I'm Marsha in SC, I crochet (normal yarn and thread and tunisian),
knit, bead work (loom & needle), macrame, hand embroidery & crewel
work, leather work, work with photos in Photoshop, sew, quilt, and
some general crafting..
Marsha
Old January 19th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Eastern Edge wrote:

Hi Pam

Belated welcome to RCTY from me.

Thanks!

My current passions are crochet (wire and yarn) and sewing (clothing
and one BIG fleece blanket). I'm also a fledgling quilter (a couple of
baby quilts and wall hangings; first major project I just rotary-cut
today for DS's 5th birthday), can knit (try not to, though), and have
cross-stitched in the past. I'll also try anything that catches my
eye; recent projects have been beaded jewelry, painting various
objects, a glass-on-glass candleholder, some bits of fabric flower
arranging, Christmas ornaments (painted wood, painted glass, beaded), a
padded fabric noteboard...basically anything that catches my eye in a
craft store. Plus the requisite paper-and-glue-and-pompoms things with
my children, one of which can crochet (G, 7 1/2), one of which won't
learn (I, 10 1/2) and the last of which I'm afraid to let near
anything that can be a weapon (T's almost five, gimme a break!).

Here's a photo album of some of my stuff. I made the dresses you see
and most of the knitted/crocheted stuff, except the purple lacey
sweater G has on in the 2004 photo.

Wow nice stuff! Very creative. Thanks for the link!

Pam

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui...yi66DBMHCpaYfm

Michelle

Old January 19th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Pam,
I knit, crochet (thread, filet and regular yarn), cross-stitch,
needlepoint. I just learned how to do swedish weaving and I sew some.
Kristine in Germany

Old January 19th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Oh but once you can do it without thinking about each and every stitch it's
such FUN Aaron, and so good to finish stuff (which I don't do nearly as
often as I start things!)
Love & higs
Christine

t...

Old January 19th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I am now curating an exhibition , mainly in fibers but wil `other`
artworks as well ..
Weaving , have a work on the loom , but accident last years took away
months of Forbidden to weave ,, back now .
Knit a Turkiz shirt for me , a moebious for a friend of the family ..
Finnish sweater for son , and he asked to have a second Crochet
moebious. A shawl almost done , reciver unknown ,,, from me - friends]

Embroideriong several works of art ,,, and after some `vacation` ,,
BACK to book, sewing is made all the time ,,,
more ??? i have more but ,, am too lazy to speak about it ...
mirjam

Old January 19th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I just retaught myself basic knitting.

I have crocheted for 16 years this month.

I have done cross stitch for 13 years and won awards for my blackwork.

I also quilt.

Jenn in CA - A regular lurker