Which store to find the best prices ?

Old July 25th 03, 12:21 PM
Betty Delblond

Default Which store to find the best prices ?

Hi!

Here the cheapest price I could find is 1.20 euro so that makes around
$1,38.
I found it very expensive !
"F.James Cripwell" a écrit dans le message de
"Betty Delblond" ) writes:
Hello,

My name is Betty and Ilive in France.
I'm a cross-sticher since some months. I will be heading to Florida for
holidays next september and I would like to know where you think I could

go
to find the best prices on DMC Floss and other cross-stich accessories.
(We'll be one week in Fort Myers and one week in Orlando)
Thank you very much for your answer.

Betty

Hi Betty. I have been curious on this subject for several years. I
believe all DMC floss is made in France, yet it seems to be much cheaper
to buy in North America than where it is made. What is the "standard"
price for a 8 meter skein of DMC floss in France?

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any

Old July 25th 03, 04:10 PM
xray_momma

Hi,
I just returned from Ft. Myers this week. I simply love that part of
Florida, I hope you have a great time! Enjoy the hot weather. Where are
you staying?

There is a shop in Ft. Myers, not Ft. Myers Beach. It is a 20 min drive
away from the beach. It is called Idle Hours on College Parkway right off
of Route 41. It is a local shop with local designs. But for the best
prices on floss, I would go to Michaels. Look in the phone book in the
motel for the closest one. There are a few. You will find DMC, but not
anything fancy. Michaels caters to all types of crafts and the cross stitch
section is not that big. But when they have sales, you can get 4 or 5
skeins for one US Dollar.

Xray

Old July 25th 03, 05:35 PM
Betty Delblond

Thank you very much for every one who took the time to answer me : I'm going
to try Michaels and Jo Ann Store and I'll also try to visit the other shops
that you gave me.

Old July 25th 03, 05:36 PM
Betty Delblond

Thanks a lot, I'll try this shop too.
We'll be staying at the Tropical Sands Resort on Estero Boulevard.

Old July 25th 03, 07:50 PM
Gillian Murray

You will also find that the big store Walmart..which is everywhere, you
can't miss it, sells their DMC for 28cents a skein, here in Florida.

Gillian

Old July 25th 03, 08:23 PM
Linda Wright

Alison wrote in message ...
Betty - I don't know where the shops are in Florida but for DMC floss,
generally you will find better prices at the craft store chains such
as Michaels, Jo Ann's, etc. They have websites and you can search
for stores at a designated location.

If you are really looking to stock up on basic colors, Wal-Mart is
generally cheaper by 2-5 cents a skein - but they do not carry all the
DMC colors, a very few rayons and DMC metallics and no specialities.

Also, if you are looking for charts, you will neeed to find a
speciality store or Hobby Lobby. My Michaels and Joanns carry very,
very few charts.

Linda in Columbia, MO
Old July 26th 03, 12:32 AM
F.James Cripwell

"Betty Delblond" ) writes:
Hi!

Here the cheapest price I could find is 1.20 euro so that makes around
$1,38.
I found it very expensive !

Thanks. That is many times what is paid in the USA, and about two
and a half times what I pay - 75 cents Canadian, including tax.
Old July 26th 03, 12:48 AM
puterjunkee

Last bit of info on floss, Wal Mart is the cheapest, but has only
about 1/3 of the DMC colors. Michaels is a little more expensive, not
more than 5 cents over Wal-Mart and has probably closer to 80-90% of
all colors (at last sighting, they did not have the 150-170 series).
Joann's is the most expensive of the chain corporate stores and they
have almost all the colors including the 150-170 series.

HTH

Erica

Old July 26th 03, 02:03 AM
JustD2Me

They moved in late April.

Thanks for letting us know. This isn't a shop that I get to very often. I
didn't know they had moved.

NEEDLE CRAFT WORLD, 3831 WEST VINE STREET SUITE #36, KISSIMMEE, FL, 34741
Phone: 407-933-5955

Here is their new address as listed on their website.
Dee
East Central Florida

AD: New beads up at auction & store E J Ralph Polymer Clay 0 November 10th 04 06:04 PM
AMber ring porkchops Jewelry 3 April 22nd 04 02:11 AM
AD: Stamping Fibers Great Prices Auctions & Direct Sales Spot Rubberstamps 0 November 12th 03 03:38 AM
AD ~ The Store is restocked and has new items too! Mj Beads 0 September 18th 03 02:27 AM
AD ~ New stuff in the store - including HILLTRIBE SILVER PENDANTS!! Mj Beads 4 August 18th 03 09:46 PM