Dolphins

Old July 27th 03, 09:09 PM
animaux

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:01:14 -0400, Meredith wrote:

I used to go in for 10 minutes every night before bed. I miss that,
but I don't miss my brother's mess!

And now for a completely different topic. Do you know anything about
tomatoes? I have a potted tomato plant, about 5' tall and in a cage,
that has white powder on some of the leaves. I'm worried that it'll
spread to my other plants (herbs and spider plants).

Thanks,
Meredith

Without seeing it, I will predict it is powdery mildew. It can spread by spores
to other susceptible plants. Studies have found that the use of milk at a rate
anywhere from 1:1 part milk and water, to 1:10 part milk and water, sprayed on
the foliage will take care of that problem in a few applications.

Mix one cup milk, powdered skim, fresh skim or whole milk with however many
parts water, up to ten and spray foliage till it is soaking on top and under
sides. Do this three times, three days in between tries. Space the containers
apart so there is very good airflow and do not water over head. The droplets
can spread the spores to other plants. There are other insect vectors which
spread it, but the lactic acid in the milk seems to inhibit the mildew.

Try it and let me know if it works.

Old July 27th 03, 11:36 PM
Pat Porter

Oh ROFLMAO - I`m glad you`re putting !"Intelligence" in inverted commas!

All together now - let`s yell "BOMB!!!" and see if anyone knocks at the door
in a couple of minutes time!

Pat P.

"Brenda Lewis" wrote in message
Yes they have seen it. Of course US "intelligence" thinks the
dangerous, blowy-up thingys are spelled "bom" and the sound it makes is
"bam". Not to be confused with the US "intelligence" that doesn't know
the difference between "bomb" and "bong".

animaux wrote:
I've actually seen products for aroma in the hot tub. I wonder how they

get
filtered out? But sure, it it's safe, lavender bombs are fine. So you

think the
"intelligence" of the US is seeing us banter the word "bomb" about?

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs

Old July 27th 03, 11:39 PM
Pat Porter

I`ve got mealy bugs on my orchids, little perishers!!! One of my orchids
has flowered without stopping since last October!

Pat P

"Meredith" wrote in message
I used to go in for 10 minutes every night before bed. I miss that,
but I don't miss my brother's mess!

And now for a completely different topic. Do you know anything about
tomatoes? I have a potted tomato plant, about 5' tall and in a cage,
that has white powder on some of the leaves. I'm worried that it'll
spread to my other plants (herbs and spider plants).

Thanks,
Meredith

animaux wrote:

We don't get snow, but it does get cold here in winter. Not as cold as

up
north, but we use the hot tub when it's 40 degrees out. Then I jump

into the 50
degree pool and HOOOBOY, does that feel great on the muscles! I sleep

well
after a course of that.

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:24:30 -0400, Meredith

wrote:

Nah, didn't have a pool. This was a stand-alone out on the back deck.
There's nothing quite like sitting in the hot tub with snow all around!

Meredith

animaux wrote:

But did your hot tub attach to the pool?

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:29:56 -0400, Meredith

wrote:

Actually, I've put a few (3-4) drops of lavender oil in the hot tub

and
it's still running fine. Wish I still lived there, though, just for

the
hot tub.

Meredith

wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:43:10 +0100, "Pat Porter"
wrote:

OK, Victoria - Lavender scented bath oil bombs - how would that

be?

Pat P.

Yeah, yeah ! That would really mess up her hot tub - oil - yuck

yuck
yuck !

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:40:05 -0300,

wrote:

I am sure they do have attachments and bonds to those in

charge -
these are high energy animals. Can you imagine how you would

feel if
you had to live in a little cell with nothing much to do?

What do
you think you would do, or how would you relate, to the person

who
trains you? I know it is wrong to endow animals with human
feelings but in this instance, I still feel it is correct to

empathize
with a powerful animal stuck in a pen. It may be 50 feet

deep, but
that is nothing to a dolphin!

I was just totally surprised that you would feel it is okay -

we have
to agree to disagree on this one. But then again, it is two

against
one, Pat sees it the same way I do, so watch out for bombs

dropping
from the sky on your hot tub.

Sheena

And I love that about you and Pat. I love that you love

animals. If a
person
doesn't love animals, I don't trust them and I certainly have

nothing in
common
with them.

Now, the bombs dropping into the hot tub...as long as they

aren't Iraqi
WMD, or
huge turds, bombs away!

Old July 28th 03, 01:31 AM
animaux

Then, lets all go to the library and take out Catcher in the Rye, or Mein Gump!

dolphins Marion Margoshes Jewelry 0 March 5th 04 03:35 PM
Miami dolphins Lisa Caryl Beads 1 August 19th 03 09:49 PM
Attn: Jalynne Miami Dolphins and Quilting Mary Rurup Beads 3 August 19th 03 05:33 AM
Dolphins Pat Porter Needlework 0 July 22nd 03 01:32 PM