Painting With a Needle

Old July 24th 03, 01:25 AM
Dawn Davis

Default Painting With a Needle

Thank you, Lula and Dianne, for recommending this book. My copy
arrived in the mail today and I can't put it down! I am drooling over
the "Rose of Sharon" design. I feel a shopping trip is in my
future...

Dawn

Old July 24th 03, 01:37 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

That one is so scrumptuous. The details shown - with the texture - I so
much wish I could see it up close and personal. Very interesting how
the embroiderer formed the bullion knots - some quite loose, long, to
create that "spark". There is so much from this book that you can use
and try. I'm so darned timid, but this book is helping me rethink some
things.

Dianne

Old July 24th 03, 05:05 PM
Scottish Quilter

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:37:51 -0500, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

But, but, but . . . Becky! Tell us how you LIKED THE BOOK!
Linda Wright was talking about satin stitching scales, and I immediately
thought of the fish on the cover (and the same as a project). The
gorgeous coloration.

And Cathy Collins talked about loving purple, and I don't think there's
a single purple in that entire book! grin

I DID put some "plum" in my kitchen, and my dining room has dark "wine"
with basil. That's about as purple as I'm going this year. I'll try to
get more brave next year.

Dianne

Diane,
The fabric she recommends-------------65% silk/35% nylon-----------is
that gererally available your side of the pond?
I don't think I could get it over here---------I assume it is quite a
close weave? How "thick" is it? Is it like working on satin?
Do you know of a mail order supply?
That white peacock with peonies is awesome.

Thanks!

Elma in Glasgow, Scotland, UK
(Remove spex to reply by email)
Old July 24th 03, 05:16 PM
Dr. Brat

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
That one is so scrumptuous. The details shown - with the texture - I so
much wish I could see it up close and personal. Very interesting how
the embroiderer formed the bullion knots - some quite loose, long, to
create that "spark". There is so much from this book that you can use
and try. I'm so darned timid, but this book is helping me rethink some
things.

Timid? YOU? Oh ok, you mean the way I'm shy!?

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 24th 03, 06:45 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Dr. Brat wrote:
Timid? YOU? Oh ok, you mean the way I'm shy!?

You would be absolutely amazed at my lack of self-esteem - which conjurs
itself up as "timid" or hesitant. I just have a very big mouth.

I wish you'd have been with me over coffee, this morning, with Ann
Coulter was on NPR. I couldn't believe my ears, but lack your
articulation prowess when it comes to those things "political".

I've been trying to think of a way of rewording the rent/mortgage thread
- because I didn't say it right. You are right, but I'm right, too.
grin I just didn't say it right. But hubby's home today, and I've
got stitching to do. So, I'll leave that for another debate.

Dianne

Old July 26th 03, 02:52 AM
explorer

just matching the subject line to the subject

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Dr. Brat wrote:
Timid? YOU? Oh ok, you mean the way I'm shy!?

You would be absolutely amazed at my lack of self-esteem - which conjurs
itself up as "timid" or hesitant. I just have a very big mouth.

Did you write this or did I? *grin*

I wish you'd have been with me over coffee, this morning, with Ann
Coulter was on NPR. I couldn't believe my ears, but lack your
articulation prowess when it comes to those things "political".

I've been trying to think of a way of rewording the rent/mortgage thread
- because I didn't say it right. You are right, but I'm right, too.
grin I just didn't say it right. But hubby's home today, and I've
got stitching to do. So, I'll leave that for another debate.

I think part of my point was that you were right, but that there are
several ways to be right. Some of it has to do with what a person can
tolerate. And some of it has to do with what is important. I love
owning my own home and would be willing to risk losing money to do so;
it's that important to me. I'm also very very lucky. Not too many
people are willing to write a check for a thousand dollars to a 23 year
old, saying "here's your earnest money. Let me know how much you need
for a down-payment, but be sure you can carry the mortgage, because I'm
not helping with that."

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 26th 03, 09:24 PM
animaux

I can' tell who wrote what in this post, but Anne Coulter is perhaps one of the
most angry, power monger I've seen in any public woman, lately. First of all,
and this is not necessarily a slam, but she is completely ill with anorexia.
Last time I saw her on Bill Maher when was her six feet tall, but could not have
weighed more than 100 pounds.

Then I think about what I saw yesterday:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...168/4s8z4.html

Then, after my astonishment, went he

http://www.usflag.org/flag.etiquette.html

To be certain this glaring use of the flag for autographing, PARTICULARLY IF IT
IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and with that, recalled what Anne Coulter
supports and how truly off she is.

There's a name floating around about her in the political newsgroups my husband
posts to. Anne Thrax. I call her Anne O'Rexia. Not kind, but she literally
buried Bill Clinton to within an inch of his death.

Old July 26th 03, 11:20 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I don't know about the Coulter/Clinton connection, or about her health -
though I do know she was ranting like a maniac when I heard her.

I thank you for pointing out President Bush's terrible manners regarding
our country's flag. How could he be so stupid? Well, actually . . . .
I think we've discussed that before. grin
Dianne

Old July 28th 03, 06:34 AM
explorer

Heaven forbid anyone should expect the subject line to ACTUALLY reflect the
subject. And heaven forbid anyone should try to help others out by changing
it.

Damn, who peed in your corn flakes?

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
explorer wrote:
just matching the subject line to the subject

And are you planning on doing that for every off topic post here?
Because if you are, and plan to do it without adding any content, do let
me know now, so I can delete all of your posts unread.

Elizabeth (sheesh!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 28th 03, 01:29 PM
Dr. Brat

explorer wrote:
Heaven forbid anyone should expect the subject line to ACTUALLY reflect the
subject. And heaven forbid anyone should try to help others out by changing
it.

Heaven forbid nothing. I change subject lines frequently. You can
check and see. But I never just change the subject line without adding
something; to do so isn't helpful, it simply needlessly duplicates posts

Damn, who peed in your corn flakes?

Nobody peed in my cornflakes. What you did was rude and I objected.
You don't even have the grace to sign a name so that people know who
they're talking to. Even a "handle" allows people to follow the
conversation more easily.

Elizabeth (Ok, Cheryl, so I'm not done after all. LOL!)

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message

explorer wrote:

just matching the subject line to the subject

And are you planning on doing that for every off topic post here?
Because if you are, and plan to do it without adding any content, do let
me know now, so I can delete all of your posts unread.

Elizabeth (sheesh!)

FA:: Complete Course in Oil Painting, Nordmark 1960 HB/DJ Number1Fred Marketplace 0 December 14th 04 07:25 PM
FA:: Painting in Watercolor by Kate Gwynn, 1982 HB/DJ Number1Fred Marketplace 0 December 13th 04 05:37 AM
Tool Needed... Jim Long Knots 5 July 3rd 04 07:10 PM
Great Tapestry Knitting Bags and Knitting Needle Cases Accessories by Bettz Designs Marketplace 0 November 2nd 03 02:58 AM