Labels for gift boxes.

Old September 24th 03, 07:09 PM
Shirley Shone

Default Labels for gift boxes.

I have had problems getting nice boxes to put my jewellery in when I
sell it.
I bought some black ones of ebay but they looked drab and I wanted to
put my name on them.

I scanned some beads, printed the picture off and cut out a section that
wanted to size.
Then I printed my name on white paper and cut it to fit nicely and
glued it to the inside the bead strip section I had cut out.

Then using the sign making part of my desktop publishing I scanned the
label into the sign and duplicated it as many times as would fit on the
A4 sheet.
I then print it out on some glossy self adhesive paper.

After that I just cut the labels out and stuck them to the box lids.

To see them go to the place where Vicki kindly put them up for me.

http://www.vickijean.com/shirley_shone.html

Please feel free to copy the idea if you want to or email if you would
like a picture of the scanned beads to put your own name on.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

Old September 24th 03, 07:58 PM
Carol in SLC

After that I just cut the labels out and stuck them to the box lids.

Great idea, Shirley!!

Carol in SLC
eBay auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2660224844
(click on "view seller's other Items")
Old September 24th 03, 11:56 PM
Dr. Sooz

I'd rather see those labels made with a photo of YOUR work in the background,
Shirley.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 25th 03, 06:27 AM
NYC-FMS

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
I have had problems getting nice boxes to put my jewellery in when I
sell it.
I bought some black ones of ebay but they looked drab and I wanted to
put my name on them.

I had a different though similar solution... I ordered some of those fancy
address labels with just my business name and phone number on them and
placed them inside each gift box, or on the outside of the plastic Ziploc
bags. I think the ones I used were metallic silver with a iridescent cast
to them. Funky and fun. These days, you would probably want to add the
web address as well so the recipient could order more stuff if she liked the
piece she received as a gift. Another nice touch would be tying pretty
ribbons around the box.

One year my mom was selling plants along with my jewelry at a mother's day
flea market. The plants looked too drab to be sold as mother's day gifts
until I staring wrapping ribbons and bows around each pot. All the ones
with bows sold! I know it's silly, but sometimes a bow makes all the
difference in the world. BTW I didn't used normal gift wrap ribbons and
bows, I used grosgrain fabric ribbons from the fabric store and tied the
bows myself.

Rebecca

Old September 25th 03, 07:00 AM
Shirley Shone

Thanks for the ideas Rebecca, I have noted them. However my jewellery
sales are not large enough to warrant going to a lot of trouble and
expense. For the small amount of jewellery that I make I prefer to buy
better quality beads and findings.
I only do them for ex work colleagues, doctors surgery staff and friends
and family.
I like to make tassels but I do not think I could sell them. They are
very labour intensive and I would not get the money to cover all costs.
beading bottles is another favourite.

Since I am retired I have time to fiddle on my computer doing things,
especially the days when my heart is playing up and I can just sit.

I also make greeting cards.
Many of the ladies on this group will tell that my host name "allcrafts"
means just that.

It was very kind of you to take trouble to send me your views. Thank you
Shirley

In article , NYC-FMS
writes

Old September 25th 03, 11:38 PM
EL

As a leftie, I *loved* it when I learned that keeping my fork in my left
hand and my knife in my right hand was proper if you were British! I've
done it ever since my Liverpudlian brother-in-law taught me how!

Elise

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Yes it is. When I spell it USA style my spell checker jumps in.

I use quite a few American words. Must be rubbing off on me from this
NG.

Also DH remarks that I often eat the American way with the fork in my
right hand. Now that is not British, not good etiquette. Fork and knife
handle should be tucked well into the palm, the fork in the left and the
knife in the right. A slap on the knuckles at school for not doing it
right. LOL
Shirley

In article , EL
writes
Great labels! Is "jewellry" a British spelling? In the US it's spelled
jewelry ...

Elise

Old September 26th 03, 06:33 AM
KDK

What a neat idea!! But I agree with others- you should used your beautiful
work as the background.

Kathy K

Old September 26th 03, 07:05 AM
Shirley Shone

Thanks they sound delightful, but probably not practical for me to get
here in UK.
It would cost me a great deal to send to USA for them.
Shirley

In article URNcb.2015$N94.181@lakeread02, CLP
writes
Shirley, I've been out of touch for awhile, but wanted to jump in here. I
found a source for lovely 2"x3"organza gift bags from Craft T Peddlars. They
come in a wide range of hues, have a satin drawstring tie with plain but
color-coordinated crow beads on the end. By buying them in quantity, I get
them for about 19 cents apiece, I think it was. When I'm wrapping something
that I did on commission I put the piece in some nice tissue and put it in
the bag with my card. People (and shop keepers) love them because they then
have a gift that's "all pre-wrapped". When you provide them with your setup
to a store and display them by the rack, the buyer gets to choose his/her
own bag. You need to have a wholesale license to get the price, but it's
worth it.

--
Shirley Shone

Old September 26th 03, 11:48 PM
Barbara Otterson

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
I have had problems getting nice boxes to put my jewellery in when I
sell it.
I bought some black ones of ebay but they looked drab and I wanted to
put my name on them.

I use plain boxes that I buy through Rio Grande, or
whoever else has some on sale! They generally come in
white, brown or some other color. I'm sure if you search the
net, you will find all sorts of places that sell gift boxes.
I use purple ones that I put a piece of purple ribbon on
the top of. I fold the ribbon so that there is a loop at the
top and both ends at the bottom. (you see them everywhe
red for AIDS, pink for breast cancer, etc.)
They are held in place by an adhesive label (I buy them
in rolls of 1000 at the printers, not all that expensive).
I use a silver label that has my company name and
my web address in an oval that is stuck in the middle
of the ribbon, where it crosses over itself.
It's quick, easy and looks great.
I've had many customers comment on how nice the boxes
are and how they "don't have to wrap the gift", because
the box is so nice.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"We've got two lives, one we're given,
the other one we make."
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Old September 27th 03, 03:13 AM
Dr. Sooz

That's a really great look. I do ribbons-with-stickers when I ship gifts, so a
bow doesn't get squashed. I like the polish your method gives.

I use purple [boxes] that I put a piece of purple ribbon on