Help with making cloth labels to sew in garments, craft items, etc.

Old December 10th 04, 09:18 PM
Carol S.

Default Help with making cloth labels to sew in garments, craft items, etc.

I use a Canon BJC 1000 printer with my Webtv (MSNtv). When I first got
the printer I experimented with Canon T Shirt transfers but wasn't too
impressed with the results.

I'm wondering about ironing a piece of plain white cotton fabric or
muslin to a piece of freezer paper and running it thru the printer when
I have found designs, etc. to print for these small labels. I don't
want to ruin my ancient printer in the process.

Has anyone had experience doing something like this & have
suggestions/recommendations to share?

Email welcome on this subject.

Carol S.

Old December 13th 04, 01:44 AM
Pat Kight

Carol S. wrote:

I use a Canon BJC 1000 printer with my Webtv (MSNtv). When I first got
the printer I experimented with Canon T Shirt transfers but wasn't too
impressed with the results.

I'm wondering about ironing a piece of plain white cotton fabric or
muslin to a piece of freezer paper and running it thru the printer when
I have found designs, etc. to print for these small labels. I don't
want to ruin my ancient printer in the process.

Has anyone had experience doing something like this & have
suggestions/recommendations to share?

Email welcome on this subject.

Carol S.

Images you find on the Web are not likely to produce results you like by
this method (assuming you can get permission to use the images from those
who created them). They will probably be too low-resolution for clear
printing, and without a computer and graphics software to get them the size
you want, you won't have any control over how they print out. And yes, it's
likely that your proposed method of creating "printable" fabric will ruin
your printer.

There are several places where you can order custom, woven labels for your
hand-made garments and craft items. They're not expensive, either.

A quick Google search turns up many sources, including:

http://www.itsmineusa.com/personaliz...ing-labels.htm

http://www.namemaker.com/

http://www.charmwoven.com/

--
Pat Kight

Cloth Dolls Carol S. General Crafting 1 November 3rd 04 08:17 PM
Vintage Making Simple Wooden Toys 1945 ending today Sally Marketplace 0 September 19th 04 01:49 AM
Few questions about saws, soldering, chain making Nicki Jewelry 4 August 24th 04 04:44 AM
Boston Area Jewelry Making classes! Yippee! lgreene Beads 2 August 11th 04 11:23 PM
making molds...progress report! Sjpolyclay Beads 10 July 17th 04 07:59 AM