OT Ping Nightmist

Old May 21st 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default OT Nightmist's lycra

Dress Barn carries the exact same thing under a different brand for less
than half the cost. I know this because in my desperation to fit into a
dress that I wanted in a size that they had, I bought one. And it worked.

And I LOVE my GPS. Of course, Kansas City is the biggest city I've used it
in to get around. Although it got me AROUND Chicago under horrible
circumstances.

Cindy

"amy in CNY" wrote in message
Well, the "spandex shorts" are called Spanx. Best invention since
sliced bread, imho!
Nightmist....i can sooooo sympathize with you. We had a GPS
misadventure at my neice's wedding
last November. I was even tempted to buy a Buick with OnStar just for
the friendly person telling me where
to turn next!! we got completely lost from the hotel to the church!
and it was only 2 miles apart.

I hope you feel better really soon. It's no fun being sick on any day,
let alone a special day like that.

amy in CNY

Old May 21st 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Oh my yes! The Dress Barn version cost $20, the version on the Spanx
website costs $50. They look like the very same thing, though I do
believe that the Spanx version has a bit more spandex in the mix.

The GPS things must have a way to program them to not stick you in the
middle of a major city's rush hour. Mustn't they?
Perhaps if you planned a trip with a map, and then used it to get you
from point to point on the planned route?
I know our poor driver tried using it after we arrived to find stuff.
The thing got her hopelessly lost, so that she had to come back and
start over again. Bear in mind that that was on an island with an area
of less than 20 square miles!
For some reason on the way home it wanted her to turn right in the
middle of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. I reckon that was because
it was all confused by being underwater. I'm very glad she is a
sensible girl and did not follow that instruction! We all had a
chuckle over the silly thing.
Gotta say that though I wouldn't have taken that route, the
bridge-tunnel and the Norfolk shipyards were worth seeing. I am very
very glad we did not need to stop in that vicinity though! Some very
scarey looking neighborhoods.

NightMist

--

Legolas is my house elf
Old May 21st 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

i can really sympathize with you...

just cant wait for my son's wedding in September, even tho it will be
in California, i do believe my DD's tatoos and piercings my be the
"talk of the town" that day as well. Hopefully, the "other side" has
as many colorful characters!!
LOL
amy in CNY

Old May 21st 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

amy in CNY wrote:
i can really sympathize with you...

just cant wait for my son's wedding in September, even tho it will be
in California, i do believe my DD's tatoos and piercings my be the
"talk of the town" that day as well. Hopefully, the "other side" has
as many colorful characters!!
LOL
amy in CNY

Good thing we don't have any tattooed or pierced people running around
here in CA. LOL
Taria
Old May 22nd 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

oops, you don't see me.....

Ginger in CA
7 tattoos, 5 piercings and yes, I wear short sleeves in the courtroom

Old May 22nd 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On May 21, 1:28*pm, Taria wrote:

amy in CNY wrote:
i can really sympathize with you...

just cant wait for my son's wedding in September, even tho it will be
in California, i do believe my DD's tatoos and *piercings my be the
"talk of the town" that day as well. Hopefully, the "other side" has
as many colorful characters!!
LOL
amy in CNY

Good thing we don't have any tattooed or pierced people running around
here in CA. *LOL
Taria- Hide quoted text -

NOOOOO, REALLY????? whodathunkit??? LMAO!!

amy in CNY
Old May 22nd 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

The daughter of the neighbor here is a tattoo artist. I don't think
there is a spot on that woman that isn't tattooed. Guess she doesn't
worry about the color of her hosiery working with her clothes!

I might be one of the few tattoo-free folks in this state. I don't much
get into jewelry either. I am pretty casual about that kind of stuff,
besides I am cheap and was robbed of my jewelry years ago. Maybe that
is why folks have gone over to tattoo instead.

I don't think Amy needs to worry about folks and her daughter while here.
Taria