Ot Dianne

Old July 28th 03, 05:06 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot Dianne

So dianne now you call people to disregard my posts ,
Wonderful mature behaviour, As you know i have great respect for you
proffessional Knowledge of Threads , enbroidery etc,, But we probably
dis agree on social behaviours , we have alnost tottaly different
ideas about our own society and other societies , Your remarks about
your Own neighbourhood have sometimes schoked me deeply.
Your reactions to my words were nice so long i never disagreed with
your opinions, The moment i started showing you that i had different
opinons you became less kind and tollerant, I still respect your
needlecraft , but i think you should learn to respect my difference
and my right to be onvce in a while just as insulted or offended by
the many , sometimes on purpose rude letters,
I advice you to reread Jane`s post from 7/25, read it aloud to your
kids your husband your Pupils , you always tell us about Your Great
influence as Educator upon the kids in your neighbourhood ,,, is this
something you want them to copy , to play with , even to poke fun at.
Yes it has images for me of other tragedies it also can be an image of
the people in 9/11 trying to jump of the towers...think about it .
mirjam
Old July 28th 03, 06:28 AM
Stitch Lady

Warning: Not light-hearted reading...!!!!

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
[...]

Although I do not agree with some of the statements people have made here, I
have to disagree with YOU in full in respect of the above statement!!! I
have had enough exposure to many different societies (including the Jewish
society) to know that what I am about to say, is not based on trying to put
you or what you went through during WWII down, BUT...

.... I think what was done against the Jews in WWII is WRONG but also what is
being done by the Jewish government against the Palestines RIGHT NOW.

I do NOT agree with anything the Palestines are doing NOR do I agree with
the Israelis either!!!

You keep bringing up the events of WWII and how they effected you. Have you
thought that there may be German lurkers on this newsgroup or even people
with a German heritage here and have you ever stopped to think how YOUR
statements about what happened 60 years (or so) may be affecting a young
German NOW who is TOTALLY innocent of the events you keep repeating. It is
getting old now. You have said it here enough times and I think by now
everyone knows it and some may have killfiled for that very reason.

I say "Let it go"!!!!!!! Dwelling on the past cannot let you forward with
your life and to live for tomorrow!!!

The mistake of not letting go of past events and not being tolerant are
probably the two biggest things that stops the peace from being achieved on
this earth.

Especially with your experience in WWII you should value the need of being
tolerant and frankly I have seen enough posts from you to show that you all
by yourself you have NOT got enough tolerance yourself.

The general words "practice what you preach" comes to mind. If you ask
Dianne for tolerance, then YOU need to be tolerant as well.

Being tolerant means you accept that people have a different value of right
and wrong than you, that they have a differing opinion from you from time to
time, that you respect their belief, that you respect them when they are
going through something painful as illness or death in their life with the
need to throw insults at them, that you allow people to have freedom of
speech, that you accept that there are events that you cannot control but
show tolerance to those who may inadvertedly be affected by the same events
from the other side of the hence. It also means you accept them without
judging them for skin colour, sexual orientation, belief, etc. Heck, the
United Nations has the whole statement about freedom to express, freedom to
religion, freedom of movement, etc statement somewhere on their website.
Read it some time. I watch the news and a lot of the stuff that is going on
in Israel is frankly very UNdemocratic. Deal with righting those wrongs
before you jump on someone innocent.

If we did what you ask and stopped having the right to express ourselves
freely, we'd be living in a society akin to that in the film 1984 right
now!!!

And finally, if you don't like the stuff, then stop reading it. I am under
no circumstance saying that you need to go away. I am just saying that there
are obvious topics you cannot stand and if in the first 1-2 messages it
shows a topic that you don't like, then mark the whole thread read there and
then WITHOUT posting a reply.

You might find you are less stressed out then.

Oh and if you are still reading this. I mentioned my Jewish friend before.
She was one of two Jewish friends I had. The other one's father was in
Auschwitz and I grew up being told about the gruelling conditions in those
camps and I grew up with history lessons about Anne Frank, so I do not need
to be reminded of it as an OFF TOPIC SUBJECT in a NEEDLEWORK newsgroup.

I do my best to be tolerant but I may not always succeed as who I am was
formed by my experiences as a child, formed by the society I grew up in and
by the values given to me by my parents.

Now I could go ranting over and over about how I was bullied in the same way
as you keep ranting, but I know that I cannot live in the past... it ain't
good for my health and so I don't do it.

I suggest you do the same...

Off the soap box now...

Stitch Lady

---
This email has been certified to be free from viruses.