OT today's Silly Question

Old November 17th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

Default OT today's Silly Question

Do you mean "honeybees" as in the kind that buzz and sting??

You've just given me the willies - I'm allergic to bee stings!!

Hugs!!
Connie

"Julia in MN" wrote in message
Martha wrote:
About shopping for gifts for adults, and maybe even children:

You could give the gift of kindness to folks you don't even know:

honeybees
a goat
and maybe even a share in a water buffalo.

Heifer International: www.heifer.org

I do this every year, for those who don't want more stuff, which is

most
of my friends.

We don't give gifts to anyone outside the immediate family, but my kids
and grandkids always get a heifer project "gift" in addition to their
other gifts. We figure it's good for them to learn that Christmas isn't
only about their toys, etc. The last few years, we've given them the
catalog and let them pick out their own gifts. I have also given them
honeybees for Valentine's Day and rabbits and chicks for Easter --
occasions when I don't give other gifts.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old November 17th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Yes, that's what I mean. But the grandkids don't get the actual bees (or
rabbits or chicks). The critters go to someone, usually in a third world
country, where they are used to produce income for needy families.

Julia in MN