Cute bead people - nice story - and charity...

Old January 9th 04, 04:36 AM
Cheryl

Default Cute bead people - nice story - and charity...

Now - I absolutely DO NOT know this person -- but -
a gal in my office was wearing this cute bead person with wire hair pin
today...
it was adorable.
Donna (my friend at work) knows I make beads -- and when I asked where she got
her pin she told me about this artist.... who she apparently knows personally.

http://www.moonbabies.com

apparently she has been featured in IN STYLE and on OPRAH - (sorry I never see
that show --). The neat thing is the following about her company:
"Our Mission at MOONBABIES is to create handmade, unique and whimsical bead and
wire products that bring a smile to your face. Our "Babies" are made by local
MoonMoms who have the option to work at home so that they can raise their own
babies! "

AND "a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each MOONBABY to the Elizabeth
Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, in the spirit of charity and preserving the
health of this country’s most precious resource- the children. "

They are pretty darling ---and the one I saw was very well made. Donna says
she has two others at home. I wonder if I sent them a lampwork bead - if they
would make me one with one of my own beads.....
anyway - I thought I would share ...

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old January 9th 04, 11:28 AM
Kandice Seeber

These are **so** cute and whimsical....thanks for sharing!! Links List,
Sooz? If so, I can add it.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 9th 04, 06:58 PM
Dr. Sooz

Links List,
Sooz?

No -- sorry about that. I think they're awful! (I have an aversion to cute
junk)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 9th 04, 07:25 PM
Beadbimbo

Cute!

I make some simlar pins. They're kind of silly, but kind of fun. When my
daughter was younger, when I'd help out at her school all the first graders
wanted to move the arms and legs on my "crazy lady" pins, when I'd wear one.
My favs are a couple of Christmasy ones and a Halloween one I made with a
candycorn bead for the body.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old January 10th 04, 01:16 AM
Cheryl

My favs are a couple of Christmasy ones and a Halloween one I made with a
candycorn bead for the body.

--
Jerri

duh! I knew I'd seen some before -- I remember the Candy Corn one - I thought
it was darling!!!!!!