Can you make a living from Dollhouses ?

Old May 10th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
Dollhouse Detective

Default Can you make a living from Dollhouses ?

I've been looking at evolving my hobby into a business. I have noticed these
things about the market for 'Dollhouses' here in Tasmania, Australia;

1. Once somone has a quality dollhouse, its theirs for life... so that $200
to $900 dollar one off sale gets the customer ready for collecting but thats
it.

2. The Good Furniture is so expensive that you simply wouldn't let a young
human play with them... so do you market furniture as a Collectable ?

3. The Margin on Kids 'simple' houses and furniture kits is so small that I
can't see any money there.

4. Could you create enough interesting "Do It Yourself Kits" and Components
to sustain a mail order business from people wanting to make their own
dollhouses ?

I am very interested in any constructive thoughts anyone may have... I just
don't want to work for anyone else ever again and would love to be able to
make a living out of my enthusiasm for Dollhouses.

Tony

Old May 10th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
Gerald Miller

wrote:

[...]

As long as you can live on five cents per hour, you can make a living
in making miniatures. Satisfaction with ten cents per hour will see
you a successful retailer of other peoples product. BTDT and couldn't
even score the T shirt.
Old December 6th 12, 07:54 AM
Max0 Max0 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Canada

Guys I love dollhouses because of the design not for anything else People freakin' think I'm gay! Is there anything wrong with planning on collecting dollhouses [even if you're a guy] BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE DESIGNS? What you think ???
Find out more details

Last edited by Max0 : October 12th 13 at 10:53 AM.