Fracture question - newbie

Old July 9th 05, 02:14 AM
Cumberpach

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
Though often lower cost goods also get rough treatment and might be
thrown into a tray or other container to bang against each other, I feel
the surface chip is the major reason I'd be inclined to return/exchange
the item. As Peter implied, a cab of amethyst with inclusions and
fractures (that do not otherwise put the stone at increased risk of poor
durability) can still be beatifully colored and unique in appearance.

This story has a happy ending. The replacement ring arrived yesterday. No
chips and the amethyst has a deeper colour than the returned one. I guess it
pays to complain sometimes.

Pete