Almost on topic scam spam...

Old March 17th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]

Default Almost on topic scam spam...

And also in my inbox today, sent to the group, is the following bit of spam,
from which I've trimmed the contacts, of course. These guys just never give
up, do they. You almost have to respect the inventiveness of these crooks in
coming up with variations on the theme, hoping to invoke someone's greed into
luring them into their scam. And the sad part is that just often enough,
someone falls for this junk...

Almost entertaining.

Peter Rowe

Subject: Gold quality of Ghana which is 92% purity that is 23+ carats for
sale
Fromsnipped ...)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:06:24 +0000
The Palace of Late Chief Paul Buterson, Otunfour
11,The Otunfour of Ashanti Kingdom Kumasi/Ghana West
Africa.
From the office of the eldest son,The late chief Paul Buterson
The Otunfour of Ashanti Kingdom . I am directed by the elders of the ancient kingdom of
Ashanti Region Kumasi to look for a reputablecompany/individual that can be able to buy an Alluvial
Gold Dust which was stocked by my late father. This Alluvial Gold Dust was realized from my late
fathers mining field and it is the normal Gold quality of Ghana which is 92% purity that is 23+ carats.
Condition of payment, If you are Interested you should come down to Accra/Ghana and have round table talk with the elders of Ashanti Kingdom .Upon the receipt of your reply, we can then negotiate the price.
Furthermore as soon as the business contract and memorandum of understanding is signed by both parties then the Opoku family will send person with you to your country to collect money of the Alluvial Gold Dust but buyer should take care of the shipment and documentation here in Ghana before the export will take effect.
Finally if you wish to pay as you come, that is alright for the Opoku family.
The quantity of the Alluvial Gold Dust is 280kg.And it is our family treasure.
The Alluvial Gold Dust was buried right inside my late fathers bedroom and I am the only one who knows the
exact position where it was buried.

So if you are interested, kindly reply me with my private email,
... (snip)
Best regards,
Mr.Peter Adams

Old March 18th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
And also in my inbox today, sent to the group, is the following bit of spam,
from which I've trimmed the contacts, of course. These guys just never give
up, do they. You almost have to respect the inventiveness of these crooks in
coming up with variations on the theme, hoping to invoke someone's greed into
luring them into their scam. And the sad part is that just often enough,
someone falls for this junk...

Almost entertaining.

Peter Rowe

The site below IS entertaining. Very entertaining.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16234...-scammers.html

It's a guy having fun with a 419 scammer through email. Read it, you'll
crack up.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com