"Removable" decoupage panel suggestions?...

Old August 30th 03, 08:56 PM
Steven

Default "Removable" decoupage panel suggestions?...

We have a solid door with a recessed center. The door in question is
similar to the "Infinity 8311 FM" model at the Simpson Door website
(http://makeashorterlink.com/?H249510C5).

We would like to decoupage the recessed area, but do not want it to be
permanent. In fact, we'd like to have various decoupages depending
upon the time of year (and our mood). So affixing the decoupage
directly to the door would not work in this application.

We were hoping for suggestions as to what kind of backing material
onto which we'd actually affix the decoupage. This backing material
would have to be lightweight, fairly rigid, and one piece to fit the
recessed area - we'd probably affix it to the door with Fun-Tak or
similar.

Any suggestions as to what we can use for these "removable" decoupage
panels and/or the best way to non-permanently affix them to the door?

Thanks for any help!
Steve and Irene
Old August 30th 03, 09:45 PM
June Moore

How about a thin clear acrylic sheet cut to size? Perhaps the
decoupage could be sandwiched between two thin sheets of acrylic cut
to the size of the recessed area.

om...