Towels in place of Batting?

Old September 9th 03, 02:56 PM
Jill Pochik

Default Towels in place of Batting?

Do you think it would be possible to use old towels in place of batting
in my animal quilts? Has anyone done this?
I guess they would wash and dry well.
Thanks for any help.
Jill

Critter Comforts: Quilts for Homeless Animals
http://community.webtv.net/critterco...ritterComforts

Old September 9th 03, 03:27 PM
MerryStahel

Jill - I've used towels as batting in the coasters - they wash well and sop up
water well.

I made those elasticized hair towels out of new towels and used the leftovers
as batting for the coasters.

BTW, folk - a quick gift is to make those elasticized hair towels...you can
make one out of the nice white towels at WalMart that cost $1.50 on sale...its
cheaper and better quality than the terry fabric I kept finding in the fabric
stores.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

New auction place with lampwork categories! Kandice Seeber Beads 9 January 2nd 05 09:02 AM
AD: I'm batting 1000! Last auctions for the year Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 0 December 15th 04 06:05 AM
AD: I'm batting 1000! Last auctions for the year Karleen/Vibrant Jewels General Crafting 0 December 15th 04 06:05 AM
Fusible batting aluap Quilting 5 August 31st 03 05:38 PM
Batting selection :which do you like? Jim Vander Noot Quilting 0 May 19th 03 11:05 PM