"Over the River..." Embroidered/Pieced Quilt

Old August 4th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default "Over the River..." Embroidered/Pieced Quilt

Has anyone seen a completed 'Over the River and Thru the Woods'
embroidered and pieced quilt? Crabapple Hill is the pattern maker.
The color picture shows it in black and goldy-beige. While I'm not a
regular embroidery person, this quilt is really speaking to me. I'd
love to hear comments from anyone who has made or seen one in person.
tia,
joan
Old August 4th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Wow, I've not seen their patterns before but they are tempting, aren't
they? Not like I don't have 1,000 things I'd like time to make
already....

For those who haven't peeked at Joan's find yet,
http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com

marcella

In article
,

Old August 4th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Pretty stuff! Did you see "Hocuspocusville"? Where's Wendy/Frood? The
very thing for her!
Roberta in D

Old August 5th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
steve

Well,

You are just awful. I will just have to order that and do it in deep warm
greens. Another project added to my list. I love the site. It gave me
several ideas for Christmas and Birthday presents that I can make with my
embroidery machine.

Steven
Alaska

Old August 5th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

What a great site. i love everything. and Steve's right, but i think i
have alot of this stuff already to put together. i just need time!!!

Makes me want to paint all my rooms and re-do everything back to sea-
side cottage decor. (it's now more Tuscany-like)

Sherwin-Williams...here i come!!

amy inCNY
Old August 5th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

I love the design - the layout - but don't embroider. I'd buy the
pattern and paint the embroidery - of course, I mean, that is, if I
didn't have at least 2 dozen kits and patterns already in line and
another dozen or so lost in the piles. grin.

Musicmaker
Old August 5th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

I have the pattern along with about every other one they make. Plus many
kits. Haven't started that one yet.

What is it you want to know, Joan? They're gorgeous.

Cindy

Old August 6th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

I guess I just wanted the over all impression that the quilt makes on
someone who has actually seen one completed. It's certainly
impressive from the photo. I'm not a serious embroidery person, but
it's within my abilities, I think. But it would be a serious
committment. I'll probably get the pattern and meditate on it for
awhile.

joan

On Aug 5, 5:57�pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I have the pattern along with about every other one they make. �Plus many
kits. �Haven't started that one yet.

What is it you want to know, Joan? �They're gorgeous.

Cindy

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in ...

Has anyone seen a completed 'Over the River and Thru the Woods'
embroidered and pieced quilt? Crabapple Hill is the pattern maker.
The color picture shows it in black and goldy-beige. �While I'm not a
regular embroidery person, this quilt is really speaking to me. �I'd
love to hear comments from anyone who has made or seen one in person.
tia,
joan- Hide quoted text -

Old August 6th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Joan, it looks like it is mostly stem/outline stitch which goes fairly
quickly once you get into the rhythm of it. G Good travel/sit and
chat/'watch' TV project.

Pati, in Phx

Old August 6th 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Ever tried free-motion embroidery by machine? IIRC, there's a book by
Alex Andersen on machine redwork describing the technique. (Doesn't
have to be red of course.) I tried it, works great, finished block in
no time.
Roberta in D